Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaldoDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Hey!

I'm looking to sell a 2011 27 inch iMac.

Specs:
3.4 Ghz Intel i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM - Upgradable
1 TB Hard drive
256 GB SSD
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB
Superdrive

It's is in pristine condition and runs extremely quietly. I have all the original packaging and a 3 year apple care plan. Though i'm not sure if that's transferable so that might be moot.

So does anyone know what type of resell value this machine has?

P.S wan't sure where to post this - hope this was the right place.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

WaldoDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply.

So I take it from your post apple care is transferable. I'm looking to list it on ebay for £1500 does that seem unreasonable and/or overly ambitious?

Mac2sell gave me a quote of £1200 - though i have all the original packaging 2 years of apple care left and a 256 gb ssd (which was omitted from the mac2sell quote as there was no option for a second drive).

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Thanks for the quick reply.

So I take it from your post apple care is transferable. I'm looking to list it on ebay for £1500 does that seem unreasonable and/or overly ambitious?

Mac2sell gave me a quote of £1200 - though i have all the original packaging 2 years of apple care left and a 256 gb ssd (which was omitted from the mac2sell quote as there was no option for a second drive).

Yes, AppleCare is transferrable. I would take a look at what the going price is on eBay in the UK. The prices will vary quite a bit compared to US prices.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say....

a right price would be between 1050-1200 pounds, tops. If selling through a online site, also factor in shipping costs/fees.

:):apple:

WaldoDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for the help guys.

I think i'm just gonna feel out ebay and see what I can get for it. I'm not exactly in a hurry to sell so that should help.

I was hoping to get at least £1500. Not sure how likely that is now:(.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Thanks for the help guys.

I think i'm just gonna feel out ebay and see what I can get for it. I'm not exactly in a hurry to sell so that should help.

I was hoping to get at least £1500. Not sure how likely that is now:(.

Try to avoid eBay if you can - I try to use it as a last resort - since they sting you for fee's......twice! One set of eBay fee's and one set of PayPal fee's!
Try offering it on forums, GumTree etc.
Best of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.