Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1
hodakaracer96
macrumors newbie

Help! Need aftermarket Car stereo that is BT compatible w/ iPhone 5

Ok my GF has been complaining about her older vehicle not having BlueTooth calling and does not have AUX inputs, ect. I know she would love it if I could find a stereo with BT audio and calling capabilities. Christmas present that I can install and surprise her with I actually ordered this stereo from amazon yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

But after reading some comments on amazon, they are saying it does not pair with the iPhone 5! I am going to cancel the order, its pointless if it doesn't work with her phone, can anyone recommend an aftermarket car receiver that does infact work with iPhone 5 BT?
hodakaracer96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Afbar1114
macrumors 6502a

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?mo...hId=139&page=1 this one works.. i jsut got it last week and havent had a problem
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3
hodakaracer96
macrumors newbie

thanks man! I was hoping for a double din one, but that looks pretty good.
hodakaracer96 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:36 PM   #4
kre62
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodakaracer96 View Post
Ok my GF has been complaining about her older vehicle not having BlueTooth calling and does not have AUX inputs, ect. I know she would love it if I could find a stereo with BT audio and calling capabilities. Christmas present that I can install and surprise her with I actually ordered this stereo from amazon yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

But after reading some comments on amazon, they are saying it does not pair with the iPhone 5! I am going to cancel the order, its pointless if it doesn't work with her phone, can anyone recommend an aftermarket car receiver that does infact work with iPhone 5 BT?
The one comment I saw that says it wont pair someone else commented on saying it pairs fine with the 5. There should be no reason it doesnt pair with the 5. The original unit is probably fine.
kre62 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Afbar1114
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodakaracer96 View Post
thanks man! I was hoping for a double din one, but that looks pretty good.
It works really good...you can use siri, music, Iheartradio,pandora, basiclly any app over BT or USB and still has AUX on it... got it for around $70 at best buy

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone