Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fresh off its Thanksgiving holiday, Apple today seeded developers with the first test build of OS X 10.8.3.

12d32.jpg
The first beta of OS X 10.8.3 arrives as Build 12D32, and users are required to install the OS X Software Update Seed Configuration Utility in order to upgrade to the build.

Areas of focus for testing include AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, and Graphics Drivers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Beta of OS X 10.8.3 to Developers

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Let's hope this is the update which fixes all of the visual flaws. (leather flap covering part of the notes list, reminders being the only app not going full screen, the peculiar choices full screen switching makes with itunes and others, etc., etc., etc.)

oh, and I hope it fixes the sporadically missing mouse cursor problem.

Last edited:

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
SEED NOTES

Known Issues
- Safari 6.0.2 will not be offered to systems with 10.8.3 installed. Before installing 10.8.3 12D32, update to the latest Safari. - Software Update Preference contents may be shifted, especially with non-English localizations.
- After waking from sleep, some background graphics may draw in black or transparently.
- When switching between applications using Command+Tab, the icons may draw in black.

Focus Areas
- AirPlay
- AirPort
- Game Center
- Graphics Drivers

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
SEED NOTES

Known Issues
- Safari 6.0.2 will not be offered to systems with 10.8.3 installed. Before installing 10.8.3 12D32, update to the latest Safari. - Software Update Preference contents may be shifted, especially with non-English localizations.
- After waking from sleep, some background graphics may draw in black or transparently.
- When switching between applications using Command+Tab, the icons may draw in black.

Focus Areas
- AirPlay
- AirPort
- Game Center
- Graphics Drivers

That doesn't sound promising at all - no reference to mdworker/sandboxing/spotlight/sleep issues.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I would be much happier if the headline read:
Apple seeds new f#$king iMacs to consumers!

That being said, it would be nice if ALL apps "remembered" that they were full screen the next time they're launched, instead of just iTunes.

lapeno

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2010
I would be much happier if the headline read:
Apple seeds new f#$king iMacs to consumers!

That being said, it would be nice if ALL apps "remembered" that they were full screen the next time they're launched, instead of just iTunes.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day..

sigjuice

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
What does Airport have that would be of interest to developers? I can see how all other "focus" areas would be relevant to developers, but not sure about Airport.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
Fix the obsessive spotlight behavior and the I'll-shutdown-when-I-feel-like-it-not-when-I'm-told behavior and I will be a happy panda.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.