Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:35 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Cyber Monday 2012: Zagg, Belkin, Hex3, BestBuy, Macs and More

The Monday after Black Friday has been dubbed Cyber Monday to reflect a large number of online purchases that takes place on that day. As a result, many retailers continue or begin online sales on Monday. Here's a selection of Apple-relevant Cyber Monday sales.

- Zagg - Popular iPhone/iPad accessory maker is offering 20% off Keyboard Cases and 50% off "almost everything else", including their Invisible Shield protection.

- Hex3 - 25% off two of their products with coupon code "Monday25". First is Jaja ($89.99 -> $67.49), a pressure sensitive stylus for the iPad that allows for 1024 levels of pressure. Interestingly, it uses high frequency sound to communicate with the iPad. The other product on sale is the AppTag Laser Blaster ($59.99 -> $45.99) which is an augmented reality gun that you can clip your iPhone to.

- Belkin - Popular Mac and iOS accessory company. 30% off everything with coupon code "CYBER30". Until noon PST.

- Marware - 30% off sitewide with coupon code "CYBERMONDAY2012"

- Das Keyboard - Mechanical keyboard for the Mac. 20% off with coupon code "DASCHEER"

Macs

- MacMall, BestBuy and Amazon continue to have discounts in place across a broad range of Apple products. Our Black Friday 2012 comparison price chart has been updated to reflect the latest prices.

Others

- Best Buy: Dell UltraSharp 27" LCD Monitor - $999.99 -> $649.99
- Best Buy: iTunes Gift Card - $100 Card for $85
- Best Buy: Refurbished 2TB Time Capsule - $179 ($299 New)
- Mac App Store: Fantastical - $19.99 -> $9.99
- Software Bundles: MacUtility Bundle, MacLegion Bundle, iStack Mac Bundle 2.0.

Some of the vendors listed are affiliate partners with MacRumors and referred sales may benefit the site financially.

Article Link: Cyber Monday 2012: Zagg, Belkin, Hex3, BestBuy, Macs and More
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Leonard1818
macrumors 68020

whoops, forgot about cyber monday and bought best skin ever yesterday. Coulda waited for Zagg...

ha ha where's the downvote when you need it.
Leonard1818 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:40 AM   #3
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Some great deals in there, too bad I've got no money. #rMBP

Wish I could get that Belkin TB Express Dock, just can't justify the price.
charlieegan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
GIZBUG
macrumors 6502a

Cyber30 doesn't work on Belkin site
GIZBUG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:47 AM   #5
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
Some great deals in there, too bad I've got no money.....
Many of us are in the same boat, LOL
macs4nw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:57 AM   #6
fjfjfjfj
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZBUG View Post
Cyber30 doesn't work on Belkin site
Worked for me just now. Ordered a car charger for the iPhone 5. I couldn't justify the price before, but with 30% off I was able to pull the trigger.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:59 AM   #7
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfjfjfj View Post
Worked for me just now. Ordered a car charger for the iPhone 5. I couldn't justify the price before, but with 30% off I was able to pull the trigger.
Lol, same here. I was about to bite the price on black friday after they basically offered no sales whatsoever. I'm glad I held off.

iPhone 5 Car Charger: $20.99 - Free Shipping
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:00 AM   #8
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
$100 card for $85 becomes 77 songs for $85... It's still not as good a price as apple touted music-store wide for years.

As long as it's not app developers chipping in for the discount, I'm happy with it

Edit: Arn (or other MR staff) - the link to the 2012 comparison chart requests a login and goes to an address starting with front.macrumors.com... I don't normally pay attention to the URL so maybe that's normal but I get the idea it's a link to an admin control panel where one could modify the article if they had proper credentials.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:11 AM   #9
dugbug
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjfjfjfj View Post

My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:11 AM   #10
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Great deal on the Dell display. That's the same awesome panel used in the Thunderbolt display.
pgiguere1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:14 AM   #11
HurtinMinorKey
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiguere1 View Post
Great deal on the Dell display. That's the same awesome panel used in the Thunderbolt display.
Yah, that's definitely the best deal of the day. A deal like that could push some of the iMac holdouts over the edge to PC.
HurtinMinorKey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:15 AM   #12
KdParker
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Some great deals in there, too bad I've got no money. #rMBP

Right.

Since the release of rmbp, iPhone5, iPad4 all this year....my Christmas already happened.
KdParker is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:17 AM   #13
satcomer
macrumors 601

I bought a pair of headphones from Amazon today and they have me a $2.00 credit for Amazon music downloads. This was not listed anywhere on the site today (that I could find). It was a great surprise.
satcomer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:19 AM   #14
bomikepa
macrumors member

Quote:
can anyone tell me why the apple cinema display looks so stunning? what exactly does it "have" that makes it look so nice!

i dont know a whole lot about monitors but i have always wanted a cinema display but as we all know it costs a lot of $$$ would this dell one be able to give the same viewing experience?

also i note that on the cinema display that its a little more vibrant, like the glass covering on it makes things look richer as opposed to a screen without a protective coating like some of the older 15 inch macbook pro without the anti glare display
bomikepa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:19 AM   #15
Adokimus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
Some of the vendors listed are affiliate partners with MacRumors and referred sales may benefit the site financially.

Thanks, I genuinely appreciate the transparency.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:22 AM   #16
pgiguere1
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomikepa View Post
can anyone tell me why the apple cinema display looks so stunning? what exactly does it "have" that makes it look so nice!

i dont know a whole lot about monitors but i have always wanted a cinema display but as we all know it costs a lot of $$$ would this dell one be able to give the same viewing experience?

also i note that on the cinema display that its a little more vibrant, like the glass covering on it makes things look richer as opposed to a screen without a protective coating like some of the older 15 inch macbook pro without the anti glare display
They're IPS displays, most monitors aren't IPS. Those cost a lot more and look better than regular (TN) displays. Yes, the glass on the TBD makes the colors appear more vibrant. The Dell one is matte though so you won't get that effect, but some people prefer matte displays because they find the reflection less distracting. It's a matter of preference.

Personally I would prefer a display with laminated glass, like on the new iMac. You get the best of both worlds (or almost). I hope they update the TBD soon to make it more like the new 27" iMac.
pgiguere1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:23 AM   #17
D.T.
macrumors 68030

Quote:
If you could order now, with the 30% discount, it would be ~$280, that I'd very seriously consider, just not available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcomer View Post
I bought a pair of headphones from Amazon today and they have me a $2.00 credit for Amazon music downloads. This was not listed anywhere on the site today (that I could find). It was a great surprise.
I saw the other day Amazon presented me with an option for a movie/music credit for "regular" shipping vs. using Prime, interesting offer if you're not in a rush.
D.T. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:24 AM   #18
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post
My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.
True, but if you're someone like me thats constantly moves his phone, I hate it when the USB disconnects from the car charger. Plugging it back in is a pain in the ass in my car.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Tremulant
macrumors newbie

50% Off at bodyguardz.com

Pick up the Pure for half price! Sweet deal!
Tremulant is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:26 AM   #20
bomikepa
macrumors member

Quote:
They're IPS displays, most monitors aren't IPS. Those cost a lot more. Yes, the glass on the TBD makes the colors appear more vibrant. The Dell one is matte though so you won't get that effect, but some people prefer matte displays. It's a matter of preference.
i bought a 23 inch LG IPS computer monitor last year from frys for like 200 or so, its a great monitor and i am happy with it but its no where near the quality of the cinema display?

so does the cinema display have some sort of processing chip in it or something?
bomikepa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:28 AM   #21
D.T.
macrumors 68030

FYI, I just confirmed, the Das Keyboard in my Amazon cart is still $99.98, Prime eligible ... that's cheaper vs. direct with the coupon code

Just happen to be shopping keyboards over the last week, torn between a Das and a Matias.
D.T. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:38 AM   #22
macgames
macrumors member

Still lots of discounts on Mac Games on MacGames.co.uk.
macgames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Rocketman
macrumors 603

Piper Jafray today announced that their channel checks reveal same store Apple traffic up 31%. Pretty huge. They also note the low end iPad Mini is depleated at this time. While PJ is an analyst, it is pretty much the most respected Apple analyst and makes a market in AAPL stock.

Rocketman
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 AM   #24
bankshot
macrumors 65816

Wow, Zagg website is getting totally hammered under the load today. Very unresponsive. Maybe they're running it on a single G4 Mac mini?
bankshot is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 AM   #25
BodyGuardz.
macrumors member

BodyGuardz Cyber Monday Blackout: 50% Off EVERYTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremulant View Post
50% Off at bodyguardz.com

Pick up the Pure for half price! Sweet deal!
Yep, our Cyber Monday Blackout Sale is in full-swing! Here are the details:

The Biggest Event Of The Year
We've blacked-out our entire site and slashed all of our prices. No coupon codes needed, just straight savings. There is no better time to outfit all of your gadgets with BodyGuardz. And with our premium quality screen protectors, skins, cases, and earbuds, there's sure to be something for everyone on your list!

Stock is limited on many products, so be sure to jump on this sale quickly!

http://bodyguardz.com/blackout
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackout-sale-50-social-banner.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	379784  
BodyGuardz. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion