Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butterwm

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
We just got our new iPhone 5's. Did the initial backup and sync to set them up and when it loaded the music it only loaded about half the songs. It did the same thing on my wife's new phone (different iTunes account & different computer). I confirmed on our old phones (iPhone 4) and all the songs are on there with the sync.

Any hints or suggestions on what I am doing wrong or what's different between the iPhone 4 and 5 that this wouldn't be working?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We just got our new iPhone 5's. Did the initial backup and sync to set them up and when it loaded the music it only loaded about half the songs. It did the same thing on my wife's new phone (different iTunes account & different computer). I confirmed on our old phones (iPhone 4) and all the songs are on there with the sync.

Any hints or suggestions on what I am doing wrong or what's different between the iPhone 4 and 5 that this wouldn't be working?

Probably a stupid question but do the phones have the same storage as your old ones? (i.e. are they both 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, what have you).

adammm

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2013
Same boat

I am in the same boat. I purchased 10 new songs last night. Added them to a playlist and synced with my iPad mini and new iPhone 5s. Songs were added to the iPad but have not added to the iPhone. I even deleted the playlist from the phone and then tried to put it back on, but so far now the whole playlist is gone and won't sync to it. and yes, 64 to 64

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.