Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
guzhogi
macrumors 68020

Goof Photo Printer

Any one know a good, high-quality printer for making photos? I'm getting into photography and several people have mentioned they really like my photos. I'm thinking about this one: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...917.html?dnr=1

Depending how successful I am with it, I'd also love to make posters of my photos. Thinking of this:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...215.html?dnr=1

I have a Designjet Z2100 at work that does a great job. Though this is just a back of the mind day dream kind of thing like "What if I won the lottery?" kinds of things. Though I work at a school and only get to use it for school purposes, not personal.
guzhogi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2
davidinva
macrumors 6502

Before you buy, look at Epson also. Noted as good photo printers, but ink can be more expensive. But look at reviews. Posters are cheaper done by a commercial printer. I am a Costco member and the prices and quality of their posters are hard to beat. There are several online services also.
davidinva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:18 PM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

I personally use an HP Photosmart C7280 for my photo prints. It is a six color printer and I have a hard time telling from the professionally done prints I have done at outside sources. My prints are really good and it did not take me long to figure out the best settings for it. I have been using HP for a long time and have always liked the job they have done for me. It also depends on the quality of photo-paper that you use. I am also in the printing industry and we use strictly Fuji and Epson for large size prints, but for the average person to purchase one one these printers it is generally cost prohibitive. For the average person to it is just easier to just come in and have them run a print. I would never recover my cost for the amount of poster size work I do. And these printers tend to take up a lot of room. If you plan on doing a lot of smaller prints (8.5 x 11 or smaller), then make sure you spend a few dollars extra and get a good printer. There are lots out there, so look around and hopefully more people on here can give you some more suggestions on different makes.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography