Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSensei

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
What do girls think of guys with white iPhones, iPads, etc. How do you view us? Guys can chip in on the comments.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
Guy here. I have a white iPhone 5, white ipad mini, and a white ipad 4. People who say that it's girly, are just spitting out ridiculous stereotypes.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
No. If it has flowers all over it, then it's feminine.
OP must be a teenager, or an insecure adult.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
I have black iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Personally as a guy in his early 20s I don't like the white. However I absolutely love the Mini in white for some reason.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
If white colored electronics were feminine, then I guess Apple products in the mid 2000s were only purchased by females. Remember all the white iPods? White iMacs? White MacBooks? Also, the AirPort line of wireless routers were white before and still are today. Oh yea, Apple's keyboards and mice were and still are white. Their cables are white, their earphones are white. Apple's entire product line from routers to iPods to computers to accessories were all white at one point.

Long story short, white isn't feminist. I've seen both girls and guys use white Apple products. Same with black. I own white versions of iPhone 5 and iPad mini. I just think it looks cool.

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
I'm a guy, and have always preferred using black iOS devices. But having a white iPad is a nice change. And oddly enough, the iPhone 5 is the only current device I like better in black.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
White is fruity.

Well, there it is! ^^^

Absollutely true!

No real, manly man would ever have a white iPad. Or a white iPhone. Or even a white shirt!

Only a wimpy man, of questionable...er...tendencies would even consider a white iPad!

Real men, manly men, men with machismo would only select black. White is so, so, well...what more can be said. A man with a white iPad would lose all his manly men friends, as they would not wish to be associated with a man with a white iPad. Others might think them...ah...light in the loafers, too.

I hope I hasve made clear this issue and settled, once and for all, the dangers or any man using a white iPad.

To even consider it is...well...suspect!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
another guy here using white devices.

Ipod, Ipad all in white but i kinda think that black devices stay with me a lot longer than white ones which i bought and sold it very quickly after few months.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
Since we are talking about ridiculous stereotypes, I suppose you're not a real man, if you don't deer hunt either right?:rolleyes: Stereotypes like this are so obnoxious.

terminator-jq

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
What do girls think of guys with white iPhones, iPads, etc. How do you view us? Guys can chip in on the comments.

In my opinion, the white devices have a very clean and simple look.

On the other hand the black devices (especially the iPhone 5 and iPad mini) have a clean yet powerful look. In a way, the black models almost look mysterious and dangerous.

At the end of the day both colors look good. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the white devices were more popular with woman.

swabbie568

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
Guy here, had a black iPhone 4S and a white iPad 3. Now I have a white iPhone 5 and a black iPad mini, I like to mix it up once in a while. Both colours are great and their made by Apple...good enough for me :)

cloud25

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2006
No. I prefer black. All my gadgets are typically black if the color is available. iPod Touch, iPad 4, iPhone 5, they're all black.

But I don't think white is feminine at all. I wouldn't mind having white gadgets myself but I would most definitely prefer black. Just more appealing to me. I honestly don't think anyone looks at white as a feminine color. But apparently you do? haha.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
Another guy here - I have always purchased the white iDevices when I could. To me they are much more "Apple" like. They remind me of the original iPod's, the iMac G4/G5's/1st Intel, and the MacBooks.

The Black devices remind me of any other smart phone, or PC laptop...

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
I don't think most people (men and women) view white iDevices as feminine. 20 years ago maybe, but not in this day of age. The whole metro look is pretty universal nowadays too.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
After a few generations of black devices, I switched to white as of the 4S. The 5 and the mini have the added bonus of matching aluminum to my other Apple products.

bimmerboii

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
Colour choice has nothing to do with being a male or female. Although women do tend to go for white than black.

I myself have black iphone & ipad, while the wife has the opposite.

Some of my women friends have black iphones and a male friend of mine has a white one.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I really don't understand the ridiculousness with white. I wear white undershirts from time to time. Does that make me effeminate? Since when did white become a color for women?

I've got all white iOS devices because I just think they look better.

CandyNJ66

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2009
USA
29. I too have white only iDevices.

I am baffled by a 29 year old asking this honestly.

Hope you do not take offense but I must say, this is a ridiculous question IMHO because color has nothing to do with gender whatsoever.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.