Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:55 PM   #1
kathyricks
macrumors regular

Desperate for Mail Help

Whenever I launch the Mail program, I can't receive or send mail for several minutes because hundreds of mail messages end up getting loaded into the Dock like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSEgwRf0AYA
What is causing this and how to I disable it? I am running 10.6.8.
kathyricks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:03 PM   #2
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Are they messages that you started and then quit out of mail? Mail opens all letters that you had open when you last closed it.
MisterKeeks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:45 AM   #3
Snowy_River
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Snowy_River Send a message via Yahoo to Snowy_River
Good news and bad news. First, the good news is that this is a fixable problem. The bad news is that it'll take a little work.

First and foremost, you need to get the mail windows that are minimized to the dock out of the dock. This is the biggest work part of it. I don't know a simple way of doing this, so, unless someone else can suggest something, you'll just have to go through clicking each of them to bring them back to full windows. Next, you'll need to close all of these windows. Thankfully, there is an easy way to do this. All you need to do is either hit Command-Option-W or select "Close All Windows" from the File menu. This will shut all windows that are not minimized to the dock. If its easier, you can take it in stages. Pull up 10-20 windows, hit Cmd-Opt-W. Repeat until all your windows are gone.

Hope this helps!
Snowy_River is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:20 AM   #4
kathyricks
macrumors regular

Thanks everyone - problem fixed!
kathyricks is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store