Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok here is the story, I currently use a iPhone 4 with Verizon service. I have bought an iPhone 5 that I will eventually using with my Verizon plan.

I do not want to make the switch until closer to Christmas, will this be a problem, can I just leave the 5 in it box and then when I'm ready (in about 3 weeks) take it out of the box and make the switch then.

I bought the 5 at full price from a local apple store.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
If apple store asked you for your phone number and account info from Verizon, chances are once you turn on the phone it will activate under your info and transfer your number

If not, you'll be fine

Just in case it actually does transfer your number, simply call Verizon and move the number back to your other phone. No big deal, process takes no more than 5 min

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
Ok here is the story, I currently use a iPhone 4 with Verizon service. I have bought an iPhone 5 that I will eventually using with my Verizon plan.

I do not want to make the switch until closer to Christmas, will this be a problem, can I just leave the 5 in it box and then when I'm ready (in about 3 weeks) take it out of the box and make the switch then.

I bought the 5 at full price from a local apple store.

A family member got a 5 through work and waited a couple weeks to get the case and screen protector they wanted. They left it in the box and just waited and there were no issues.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
If you do not activate the phone for a while, unless it is unlocked the carrier/Apple can and will activate it for you, these activation times vary but normally take a week to a month on average.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok thanks, sounds like i can just leave it in the box and as long as i do not turn it on i will be ok.

Another small question will the battery keep enough power if i just let it sit like that.

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
Ok thanks, sounds like i can just leave it in the box and as long as i do not turn it on i will be ok.

Another small question will the battery keep enough power if i just let it sit like that.

I would assume so. I've never gotten an apple product not charged atleast by half.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.