Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:22 AM   #1
Jonaswq
macrumors newbie

iPod touch 5g battery issue!!!

I have an ipod touch 5th generation since last year and the battery life has no problems at all. I can listen to music, surf the web watch videos for like few hours, the battery percentage would still be at 100%.

But two days ago, my ipod has been giving me problems. I swear I didnt even use my ipod and the battery went from 100% to less than 20% in a few hours. And it also get a little warmed up.

I thought it was maybe I didnt charge it properly or something but today, it happened again. I charged until 100%, and brought it with me to school as usual. The battery went from 100% to like 50% in like one hour. I WASNT EVEN USING IT. I decided to switch it off, and in the afternoon, i switched it on, it was less than 20% already.

anyone experiencing the same thing??
Jonaswq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonaswq View Post
I have an ipod touch 5th generation since last year and the battery life has no problems at all. I can listen to music, surf the web watch videos for like few hours, the battery percentage would still be at 100%.

But two days ago, my ipod has been giving me problems. I swear I didnt even use my ipod and the battery went from 100% to less than 20% in a few hours. And it also get a little warmed up.

I thought it was maybe I didnt charge it properly or something but today, it happened again. I charged until 100%, and brought it with me to school as usual. The battery went from 100% to like 50% in like one hour. I WASNT EVEN USING IT. I decided to switch it off, and in the afternoon, i switched it on, it was less than 20% already.

I would take it to an Apple store and have them look at it.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:44 AM   #3
aPple nErd
macrumors 68000

Try a fresh restore
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4
burgundyyears
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonaswq View Post

Take it to an apple store. That's not normal. I am at 4.5 days of standby and 9 hours of usage with 23% battery life remaining on mine.
burgundyyears is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch