Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikkiJayne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
England
I'm using a retina MacBook and I find the text of emails sent to me extremely hard to read. I know I can change this by changing the resolution of the entire laptop but to be honest that's a faff when I leave it running in the background and switch to it all the time.

Is there a way to make emails appear larger; can you zoom in like Safari? (The gesture doesn't work so I'm guessing not)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm using a retina MacBook and I find the text of emails sent to me extremely hard to read. I know I can change this by changing the resolution of the entire laptop but to be honest that's a faff when I leave it running in the background and switch to it all the time.

Is there a way to make emails appear larger; can you zoom in like Safari? (The gesture doesn't work so I'm guessing not)

For some reason, pinch-to-zoom was eliminated from Mac Mail a couple of OS generations ago. I have no idea why, and it stinks.

But you can zoom, if that is what you are trying to do...hold down Command key and use "+" in upper right to zoom in, and Command "-" to zoom out.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.