Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:17 AM   #76
Wedlock
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Truth hurts!! You should of just kept quiet
Truth doesn't hurt me but in your limited thinking of what is the truth I just feel sorry for you.....

Anyways exited about finally getting the new Imac
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:18 AM   #77
lapeno
macrumors 6502

yes
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:18 AM   #78
unclejuicyjoe
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Buyers remorse ^^^
Why, can't someone think something of Apple isn't that "awesome" without being ostracized.

Did I tell you not to buy one?

I like having a built in CD drive, I rip music all the time. I like how the iMac I have now looks similar to the 27 inch Apple cinema sitting right next to it. I could go on and on. Plus it's the computer I needed at the time, not the computer I was hoping to buy or waiting to come out.

You think I should of gone almost 7 months without a desktop computer?

Plus, Apple paid for MOST of this machine, because they actually stand behind their products.

I'll see you in 2016 when I need a new iMac. Hopefully this design will go by the wayside. Because imo the new design looks dumb...
unclejuicyjoe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:19 AM   #79
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8P'CS View Post
Dreading the bold bit highlighted, A lot of people have been saying this to me, that these new iMacs are the ones that will only last a few years!! if thats the case i'll need to reconsider my options, I can;t throw money at something that will be dead in a few years.

I'll be paying for fusion drive and Applecare yes. but afteR A/C my heart could go lol. This would be the first iMac i would be looking to keep for a while once the Haswell ones release as I normally sell up on 2 years with A.C with it.

We will see, but not looking good.
And your talking advice from people that have no proof or experience with these new iMacs? Heck, nobody has any experience with these new iMacs to make such a bold statement. Go ahead and buy, don't allow outsiders to tell you something they know nothing about.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:19 AM   #80
I8P'CS
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking monkey View Post
It's obvious your trying to justify your 2011 purchase. But really, there's no need. It's a damn fine machine.
Not true, I was going to purchase this model, but lower HD speed same 512 of Vram means this is not for me, I can't blindly keep throwing money at Apple, Thats my moto, for some hey they can and good luck to them.

I prefer to be prudent and i do heavy work with the machine, NOt Facebook and twitter.

Edit: Also people use their computer from the front, you will see the thinness when you need to plug in the SD card which is now at the back of the machine, WhatApple does goes I suppose, Know one is allowed an opinion in here.

Last edited by I8P'CS; Nov 27, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
I8P'CS is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:21 AM   #81
Rot'nApple
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesser Evets View Post
Good. Now the long wait for the Mac Pro.
And when did Apple say the new Mac Pro will be released? In 2013? If so, then expect your new Mac Pro to go on sale Dec. 31st, 2013! Hey, it's still 2013, technically...
/
/
/
Rot'nApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:21 AM   #82
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

pre loaded with iTunes 11???

Ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaah.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:21 AM   #83
ifij775
macrumors regular

Nice

That is a cool looking computer. I just perused Dell's site for comparison, and their option list seems to go on for pages.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:21 AM   #84
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseiryu1 View Post
I love how beautiful apple products are, however, I think they sacrificed power for the sake of thinness in this latest design. I would much rather see desktop-grade graphics rather than a uber-thin design.
So the thinner design prevented them using desktop grade graphics? I thought the thinner design was due to laminating the display and losing the optical drive.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:22 AM   #85
MrMister111
macrumors 6502a

So they did lie, coming in Nov? No you can order in Nov to get it in Dec.

Also what about us in UK? No news on that, and when will they release the BTO prices, they must know now.
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:23 AM   #86
XboxMySocks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raftysworld View Post
Ordering one for me, and one for my daughter who just turned 4.
Lmfao why
XboxMySocks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:23 AM   #87
Diamond Dave
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
But they are in the exact sweet spot for maximum profits. That is the thing that matters most to Apple. If you want an el-cheapo computer, look elsewhere. If you are some sort of uber-geek wannabe, look elsewhere.

If you want the coolest computer thing that a regular person could dream for, with a slim form actor and an OS that is so easy even a cave man could use it, you get what you pay for.
But we shouldn't have to look elsewhere. That's the point. And in the Apple Computer days, we didn't have to.

The Mac Mini concept was great, but in execution Apple just couldn't help themselves with the feature-creep.

Dual Core i5? HDMI port? I.M.O. it should be half the price (£249) with Spartan features (Core 2 Duo or whatever), so that people with very limited budgets can get a modern(ish) Mac & use the Mac OS. People like my Mum.

And as for the top end... The Mac Pro is a totally overpriced, unbalanced system. Overkill on the processors & EEC RAM for the home user / prosumer / existing G3-G4-G5 tower user, yet no current connectivity or decent graphics cards etc. for the money's-no-object professional.

Exact sweet spot for profits no doubt. Sad times for discerning long-time Apple Computer users indeed...
Diamond Dave is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:24 AM   #88
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejuicyjoe View Post
Why, can't someone think something of Apple isn't that "awesome" without being ostracized.

Did I tell you not to buy one?

I like having a built in CD drive, I rip music all the time. I like how the iMac I have now looks similar to the 27 inch Apple cinema sitting right next to it. I could go on and on. Plus it's the computer I needed at the time, not the computer I was hoping to buy or waiting to come out.

You think I should of gone almost 7 months without a desktop computer?

Plus, Apple paid for MOST of this machine, because they actually stand behind their products.

I'll see you in 2016 when I need a new iMac. Hopefully this design will go by the wayside. Because imo the new design looks dumb...
You rip music? From CD's?

This design isn't going anywhere for a long time pal. You're in the minority if you think a slim design with USB 3, less reflective screen, fusion, thunderbolt, etc is "dumb."
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 AM   #89
uptownnyc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
pre loaded with iTunes 11???

Ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaah.
Yeah - cause downloading an app is so complicated!
uptownnyc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:25 AM   #90
xgman
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombierunner View Post
so the new itunes on nov 31?
No, that would be November 32nd
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 AM   #91
remster45
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombierunner View Post
so the new itunes on nov 31?
Because that day exists, right?
remster45 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:27 AM   #92
unclejuicyjoe
macrumors newbie

Quote:

This design isn't going anywhere for a long time pal.
Yes, I actually rip music from CD's, Apple lossless is the only way to listen to real music...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:29 AM   #93
segovius
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to segovius Send a message via Yahoo to segovius Send a message via Skype™ to segovius
Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxMySocks View Post
Lmfao why
I was going to buy one for my daughter who's 2 and a half but I couldn't wait so I got a maxed out MBP retina with a couple of TB Displays for her instead.

Kind of regretting it now they've released this but on the plus side my wife is six months pregnant with Sextuplets so I'll pre-order 6 of the top of the line 27s on Friday and they should arrive more or less the same time as the birth...
segovius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 AM   #94
unclejuicyjoe
macrumors newbie

Quote:

This design isn't going anywhere for a long time pal. You're in the minority if you think a slim design with USB 3, less reflective screen, fusion, thunderbolt, etc is "dumb."

I said the design is dumb, what does that have to do with hardware?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:31 AM   #95
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
Yes, I actually rip music from CD's, Apple lossless is the only way to listen to real music...
iTunes Match
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:31 AM   #96
ctdonath
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by njooste View Post
the 30th of November is still November but jeez Apple..
Not the first time. iPad 1 3G was promised "in April", and became available on the 30th at 5:00 PM.
ctdonath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:32 AM   #97
ECUpirate44
Banned

Quote:
I said the design is dumb, what does that have to do with hardware?
Apple doesn't make design changes for no reason, along with the design change come these new features.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:32 AM   #98
unclejuicyjoe
macrumors newbie

Quote:
iTunes Match
I tunes Match doesn't playback anything higher then 256 kbps even if you rip lossless... Look it up....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:32 AM   #99
decimortis
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownnyc View Post
Yeah - cause downloading an app is so complicated!
I think they just meant that it means iTunes 11 will be out by the time they arrive. Of course, I could have misinterpreted it and they could just be excited for not having to install it, in which case I concur with your statement.

D.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:33 AM   #100
IGregory
macrumors 6502a

Funeral Parlors Unhappy

This announcement made a lot funeral parlors unhappy. They were counting on the business from cliff jumpers.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion