Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArchAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I'm sure you get this question a lot but I do need some help!

I'm off to study architecture next year, I already have a beefy pc to deal with the graphics heavy element however I also feel that I would perhaps like to work in the studio/ out and about, I was initially drawn to the 11'' Mba but that feels too small, then I looked at the 13'' MBA but that is the same price as a 13'' Mbp, the dilemma is now between portability and power, I was just wondering If anyone out there has been in a similar situation or can cast some light on my problem, cheers

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
I'm sure you get this question a lot but I do need some help!

I'm off to study architecture next year, I already have a beefy pc to deal with the graphics heavy element however I also feel that I would perhaps like to work in the studio/ out and about, I was initially drawn to the 11'' Mba but that feels too small, then I looked at the 13'' MBA but that is the same price as a 13'' Mbp, the dilemma is now between portability and power, I was just wondering If anyone out there has been in a similar situation or can cast some light on my problem, cheers

I would recommend the Pro since it can be upgraded and future-proofed better than the MBA. I would also go with the 15 inch model because you can get it to recognize more RAM than the 13 inch and the 15 has its own GPU. Getting a refurbished model will save you a lot of money as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.