Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1
mainemacuser
macrumors newbie

New iMac optical drive-Blu Ray vs SuperDrive

In order to get an optical drive on the new iMac you pay $79 for an external SuperDrive. It seems like for a few more dollars you could get a Blu Ray.

Anyone using a Blu Ray with their iMac? What brand do you have and what's the performance like?
mainemacuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:32 PM   #2
Chris Blount
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemacuser View Post
In order to get an optical drive on the new iMac you pay $79 for an external SuperDrive. It seems like for a few more dollars you could get a Blu Ray.

Anyone using a Blu Ray with their iMac? What brand do you have and what's the performance like?
I'm using a Blu-Ray burner I purchased a few years ago from OWC. It works great and actually reads faster than the Superdrive.
Chris Blount is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Tags
blu ray, imac 2012, superdrive