Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:17 PM   #26
KaraH
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapula View Post
I start my 7 night graveyard shift on Wednesday night at the hospital where I work. I'm at a computer all night (9pm to 7am Pacific Time) and will be waiting anxiously to preorder the 27" early Friday morning. My birthday is December 1st, so hopefully, I will have my birthday present to myself already ordered.
Another Dec 1 person!

I probably will hold off a couple months so it does not arrive the same time as holiday bills though. Plus to let other people discover problems and for OWC to get their turnkey system up and running.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:35 PM   #27
CaptMike
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchup View Post
Actually, you can buy a 21.5" with the 3.1 Ghz Core i7 and a Fusion drive in the high end model.
You can actually get it in the 21.5 model after some researching
http://www.expercom.com/share?p=8730...2495,2496,2499
CaptMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:46 PM   #28
noahc
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasfunkt View Post
I wouldn't worry about times unless you only want a standard 21.5", sounds like whenever you order the earliest you can hope for is January
Actually, I disagree. Tim Cook said that supplies are going to be constrained. If you want to wait a month, I'd say get your order in ASAP. If you wait even a day it could dramatically increase time. I am planning to order a 27" with a Fusion Drive and am planning to try and order as soon as I possibly can.

Which brings us back to the question -- what time?
noahc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:29 PM   #29
BriMercer
macrumors member

Is there a precedent for this, time-wise?

Of course, when there is an event, new hardware usually is available for order right after the event. What about the iPad mini? When did orders for it start?
BriMercer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:47 PM   #30
Imacpapi
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMercer View Post
Is there a precedent for this, time-wise?

Of course, when there is an event, new hardware usually is available for order right after the event. What about the iPad mini? When did orders for it start?
8:00am local I believe
Imacpapi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:47 PM   #31
BriMercer
macrumors member

Okay, did a little digging at the time the iPad mini went on sale. This is what I found:

The 10:24 pm on the night before the iPad mini was to be available for preorders, on what was then Pacific Daylight Time, MacRumors reported that the Apple on-line store went down in anticipation of iPad mini preorders: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/...ni-pre-orders/

Three and a half hours later, at 1:04 am PDT, MacRumors reported that the iPad Mini was now available for pre-order: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/...for-pre-order/

Two hours later, MacRumors reported that the white version was already sold out: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/10/26/...e-order-stock/

If this is any indication, we should be looking to see if the Apple store goes down Thursday evening (adjusted for time zone).
BriMercer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:54 PM   #32
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502

Have iMacs had "Pre-Orders" previously? I guess I always assumed they were available the next morning or afternoon. More often the same day of the announcement....but again this is my first, so I could be wrong.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:04 PM   #33
Julio86
macrumors newbie

Has anyone heard if authorized sellers such as bestbuy will be selling them Friday as well?
Julio86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:44 AM   #34
Julio86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio86 View Post
Has anyone heard if authorized sellers such as bestbuy will be selling them Friday as well?
Bump
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:37 AM   #35
David632
macrumors newbie

No iMac 27" on Friday

Just finished a chat with a apple employee and she stated that the 27inch will not be available for pre order on the Friday , I quoted the apple press release and she reckons that was misread and after reading a few news feeds , I kinda think she is correct and we will have to wait to pre order , maybe in December.
David632 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:49 AM   #36
DeafRaiders
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David632 View Post
Just finished a chat with a apple employee and she stated that the 27inch will not be available for pre order on the Friday , I quoted the apple press release and she reckons that was misread and after reading a few news feeds , I kinda think she is correct and we will have to wait to pre order , maybe in December.
I just off the chat with an Apple person just there and he states will be able to pre-order 27" on Friday and will give an estimate delivery date once purchased.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:55 AM   #37
David632
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafRaiders View Post
I just off the chat with an Apple person just there and he states will be able to pre-order 27" on Friday and will give an estimate delivery date once purchased.
Typical apple ,2 conflicting replies..
David632 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:25 AM   #38
Fresh28
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Yes, my friend works at BB and confirms the display units arrived yesterday but will not go up until Friday.
Fresh28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:18 AM   #39
Julio86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh28 View Post
Yes, my friend works at BB and confirms the display units arrived yesterday but will not go up until Friday.
Did your friend indicate whether or not they had a limited supply or if they received a good share of iMacs?

Thnx for the response btw
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:25 AM   #40
Fresh28
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Did your friend indicate whether or not they had a limited supply or if they received a good share of iMacs?

Thnx for the response btw
All he saw were 2 display units in the back still in the box (apparently 1 box was bigger than the other) but still hasn't seen any stock coming in to the store.

----------

And I know this question is getting annoying but does anyone know for sure what time these will become available for preorder??? (Canada time)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:26 AM   #41
Julio86
macrumors newbie

Quote:
All he saw were 2 display units in the back still in the box (apparently 1 box was bigger than the other) but still hasn't seen any stock coming in to the store.

----------

And I know this question is getting annoying but does anyone know for sure what time these will become available for preorder??? (Canada time)
Damn looks like we need some more intel lol. Thnx
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:20 AM   #42
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
You realize Canada has 5 time zones, right?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:40 AM   #43
Fresh28
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Yes sorry, I mean EST (Ontario time)...does anybody have an answer as I will be at work and will be going crazy until I get to order it.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:47 AM   #44
wizzywig27
macrumors member

so far, for the UK I have the following (from reading posts here):

it could be either 12am, or 8am, or 9am, or as late as 2pm (all based on Cupertino time release)
wizzywig27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:02 AM   #45
AFPBoy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Actually six (Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific). Seven if you count not all of Saskatchewan going on daylight time.
AFPBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:06 AM   #46
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Yes sorry, I mean EST (Ontario time)...does anybody have an answer as I will be at work and will be going crazy until I get to order it.
Should be just whatever time the Apple Store comes up in the morning. Could be anywhere between 7am and noon EST. This isn't some coordinated midnight PST launch like the iOS devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPBoy View Post
Actually six (Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific). Seven if you count not all of Saskatchewan going on daylight time.
Heh. Didn't know Newfoundland had it's own time zone.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:08 AM   #47
dmw16
macrumors regular

Seems I was hasty. I wanted a new computer, but ended up just throwing an SSD in my 2011 iMac. Oh well, guess I just need to wait a while now.
dmw16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:40 AM   #48
Johnf1285
macrumors 6502a

I too wonder what time an online order can be placed. I am considering a maxed out 21.5" and don't think they will be seen in stores...
Johnf1285 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:00 AM   #49
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzywig27 View Post
so far, for the UK I have the following (from reading posts here):

it could be either 12am, or 8am, or 9am, or as late as 2pm (all based on Cupertino time release)
I desperately want to know too, but I think it will be available at midnight, cupertino time, so 8AM here, I hope this is the case.

iPhone 4 pre orders did this, iPhone 5 orders did this.

I hate getting anxious about buying something, it is ridiculous, but I am so annoyed that Apple have worded their press release to cause confusion to anyone hoping to get a 27". Obviously this has been done to allow them flexibility and decide on the day if they will put up the 27" pre orders or not.

Put it this way - If Apple don't put the 27" pre orders up for Friday, then surely they will have to issue another press release about when the 27" iMacs will be available, and that seems a bit silly. I would imagine that they will get them both up in one go.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:02 AM   #50
wizzywig27
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-better-know View Post
I desperately want to know too, but I think it will be available at midnight, cupertino time, so 8AM here, I hope this is the case.

iPhone 4 pre orders did this, iPhone 5 orders did this.

I hate getting anxious about buying something, it is ridiculous, but I am so annoyed that Apple have worded their press release to cause confusion to anyone hoping to get a 27". Obviously this has been done to allow them flexibility and decide on the day if they will put up the 27" pre orders or not.

Put it this way - If Apple don't put the 27" pre orders up for Friday, then surely they will have to issue another press release about when the 27" iMacs will be available, and that seems a bit silly. I would imagine that they will get them both up in one go.
this is not ideal for me as I am in a meeting from 8am that I cannot get out of I am so gutted!
wizzywig27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac