Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1
markdee
macrumors newbie

Long Youtube videos don't play on Mac

On the verge of buying a MBA and I've just been to my local Apple store to try it out.

I wanted to try out a huge Youtube video in 1080p to see what the performance was like. The video I tried was "London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony" at 3h59m.

However, I just got the error message "An error occured, please try again later". I tried this on about 6 different Macs and they all had the same problem. So, would I not be able to play a huge Youtube video on my new Mac? If that's the case I just wouldn't get one.

Would any of you be able to look the video "London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony" on your Macs and see if it works, if it does, it could just be a problem with the Macs in the Apple store, but I'm guessing it's just not compatible.
markdee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:30 PM   #2
macuser0123
macrumors newbie

I just looked up the London Olympics video and it gives an error like you said. But then I looked up other long videos on youtube like "The longest youtube video ever" which is 9 hours long, and others (2 days long, 606 hours long). I think the problem is in the video and not with the computer. Macs should play youtube videos just as well as a pc can. Hope this helped
macuser0123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:38 AM   #3
markdee
macrumors newbie

Hmmm. However, that video plays on a PC. How strange.
markdee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help