Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
willpower101
macrumors regular

Stolen iPhone 4S - Find Phone installed but never ran Will it work? Can someone pleas

I installed Find My Phone but Never ran it. This phone was so new it didn't even have service yet, so it's not showing up in icloud.

I'm wondering if it's still enabled though. Sprint said I can add service remotely.

I can't test on my 4 because it's got the data files for Find Phone still on the phone. (can't wipe because rejailbreaking is a pain) This means that any time I install Find Phone, without even opening it, it goes live on icloud. I'm just curious if this would work with a freshly wiped phone. Can someone test please?
  • Use an iphone on ios 6 that's never had Find Phone installed (or wipe a phone on 6)
  • Install find phone
  • don't open find phone
  • open icloud and check
  • if that doesn't work, try opening find phone, accept location service but don't sign in to icloud and then close it.
  • open icloud and check now

Last edited by willpower101; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
willpower101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:56 PM   #2
MacDawg
macrumors P6

Sorry, but I think your chances of getting someone to take the time to do any of this is slim at best
MacDawg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3
bokdol
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to bokdol
you dont need the app for find my phone to work.

in your settings if you had iCloud on then most likely find my phone was set up.

i can see my phone right now on the web. and i dont have the app. but it is turned on in the settings of the phone.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:21 PM   #4
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokdol View Post
you dont need the app for find my phone to work.

in your settings if you had iCloud on then most likely find my phone was set up.

i can see my phone right now on the web. and i dont have the app. but it is turned on in the settings of the phone.
This, I never opened the app on my wife's phone or my phone but I can see them both on Find My Phone on the web.
BigMcGuire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:25 PM   #5
willpower101
macrumors regular

hell yes! Thank you. I'm calling sprint to activate service on this phone right now!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:48 PM   #6
willpower101
macrumors regular

Arg, sprint won't let me do month to month. They are trying to activate a 2 year contract :P

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone