Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
I was wondering if you guys have experienced this problem yourselves. When I plug my iPhone 5 in at work (Windows 7), it allows me to view all the media on the phone while it's locked. Shouldn't the media be locked as well or does that only apply to Mac's? I can't do the same thing with my MBP.

Thanks in advance!

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure cause I don't have any kind of "lock" on my phone right now but since you mention it, I think you may be right... interesting.

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Mine does the same but so did my 4s. I use my phone at work to take photos. At home when I plug my phone into the computer iTunes launches and so does iPhoto. On the work pc computers just the startup launches indicating that it located my phone and gives me the option to view media. Not a bug more of a feature if you ask me.

Peter-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
I would think that when my phone is locked that it wouldn't allow Windows to read my media before unlocking..

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Yes sorry I misread. Yes the camera roll should be locked if you phone is locked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.