Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkladlfji

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I have seven Gmail or Google Apps email accounts. I separate business, personal, etc. Within each email account, I organize my to-do items by label: Follow-up, Call, etc. I use smart mailboxes in OSX Mail to view my combined to-do items for each category.

Sadly, iOS6 does not have smart mailboxes.

My question: is there any workaround to this? I want to buy an iPad Mini, but only if it improves over my super old iPod Touch (second gen, I think) in being able to display all of my to-do items in a particular label, across all of my email addresses.

If there is no way to get smart mailboxes or quasi smart mailboxes, is there maybe a way to use the new flagged smart mailbox and VIP smart mailbox to create the same effect? For example, can you have five different color flags (for my five main to-do labels)? (If so, do the flags sync with Gmail?)

Or is there a mail app that has this functionality? Something like Sparrow (which I understand probably won't ever release an iPad app now that Google bought it)?

Last edited:

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
This seems to be a big issue. Not just your case in general but the whole mail app on iOS needs to be more robust. If they could take OSX mail and its features and put into iOS I'd be a little happier. One of my major grips is the lack of icloud mail not allowing you to send/receive from other addresses.

Hoping now that Forestall is gone we start really seeing some much needed features and innovations in iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.