Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1
JaeC
macrumors newbie

Recordings to iPhone

Hi,

I'm new here, and have a question about transferring recordings from PC to iPhone.

My husband has several recordings he has made, with Audacity, I think. He can't figure out how to get those particular files onto his iPhone. I'm not sure if they show up in iTunes or not, but he's synced his phone to the PC several times with no success on that front.

He's really frustrated and thinking about giving up the iPhone and going with a Galaxy.

Anybody have a clue how to help?

Thanks,
Karen
JaeC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeC View Post
Hi,

I'm new here, and have a question about transferring recordings from PC to iPhone.

My husband has several recordings he has made, with Audacity, I think. He can't figure out how to get those particular files onto his iPhone. I'm not sure if they show up in iTunes or not, but he's synced his phone to the PC several times with no success on that front.

He's really frustrated and thinking about giving up the iPhone and going with a Galaxy.

Thanks,
Karen
I'm guessing here, but it seems like they're probably not in a file format the phone or iTunes can use. Verify that the files can be used in iTunes and try manually adding them to the phone. If not, it should be easy to get an audio convertor to makes them into MP3s.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeC View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Karen
The Audacity file must be exported to iTunes. Music can only be transferred from a computer to an iPhone via iTunes, so if it's not in his library it won't sync to his phone.

A simple Google search ("audacity to itunes") brought up this page. http://manual.audacityteam.org/index...Tunes_and_iPod

So, from what I can gather:

1) Select the recording in Audacity
2) Select File --> Export (and export as an MP3) to his desktop, documents, wherever
3) Either drag from files new location to iTunes library or in iTunes go to File ---> Import and select the file.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone