Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:48 PM   #1
SD-B
macrumors regular

Examples of Smart Mailbox Uses?

Hi, new to Mac 3 years ago and FINALLY getting around to ask about Smart Mailboxes and the point of them ( ok ok ok so I am a bit slow on this)

I've read the description of them and still not entirely sure of their reason for being.

Could someone please give me an example of what they do with them and why and maybe I will be able to make use of them?

And would these show up on your iPhone when synching mail?

TIA
 Apple TV + Airport Extreme
SD-B is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:51 PM   #2
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Think of Smart Mailboxes as saved searches. So you could have one that contains all mail from a certain year (or month), or one that contains all the mail to/from a particular address or all mail with a particular word in the subject.

No, they don't show up on the iPhone.
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store