Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Hello. I have a view-based table view (an outline view) that can show/hide rows according to some view settings. FYI, each row shows a type of graph with a given color, and the user gets to choose the colors they want to display.
I want row removal and insertion to animate.
The view is bound to a controller object (NSTreeController), so changes to the model (filtering or adding/removing items) immediately reloads the table, stoping the animation. For row removal, I can sill update the model after the animation. For row insertion, I can't find a solution. If I update the model after the animation, new rows will show duplicate items, not the new items since they're not yet added.
In the table view session from WWDC 2011, they present some way to animate insertion during drag and drop, but it's not what I'm doing. Plus, inserted rows should show their content during the animation (like when an outline view item is expanded) instead of a gap.

Any suggestions? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.