Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djayk85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Does anyone know if apple are releasing a 2012 advent calendar with free apps, songs, TV episodes etc?

I've searched the App Store and googled but can't seem to find anything at the moment

Djayk85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Yes they have done it the last few years, get some cool new songs, EP's, apps and the odd TV episode but the 2012 one is no where to be seen

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
The 12 days of Christmas app from Apple - is that what you mean? It started on 26th December last year. I still have it installed on my iPhone :p.

Djayk85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
That's it yes, I remember now 2010 they did an advent calendar and last year was the 12 days if Christmas.

Thanks for the info ill keep my eyes out for this years in a couple of weeks

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The Twelve Days of Christmas tradition is 25 December–5/6 January. So it's still very, very early.

I know that the UK store has had this going for a few years now (I have a UK Apple ID too to buy music). There are US laws that prevent this kind of promotion here though, which is why we don't get it.

ben gpxl

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
We have an advent calendar app and its available in the US and worldwide right now :)

It has songs, games and other thinks to unlock from 1st December. Give it a go, it's free!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas!!/id295449610?mt=8

allyourbass

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
The Twelve Days of Christmas tradition is 25 December–5/6 January. So it's still very, very early.

I know that the UK store has had this going for a few years now (I have a UK Apple ID too to buy music). There are US laws that prevent this kind of promotion here though, which is why we don't get it.

So this is available at UK store now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.