Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1
76ShovelHead
macrumors 6502

uhhh... what happened to skitch?

I fired up Skitch to do an assignment for a class and realized just how big this downgrade, ahemmm–I mean upgrade was.

I thought the Windows 8 metro app for Skitch was lacking functionality (and dismissed it as perhaps more functionality will be added in the future since this was Skitch's first port) but now it seems they replaced the actual Skitch app for Mac with some reskinned metro app garbage. This new iteration lacks useful functionality and is utterly frustrating to use.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:31 PM   #2
prisstratton
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ShovelHead View Post
I fired up Skitch to do an assignment for a class and realized just how big this downgrade, ahemmm–I mean upgrade was.

I thought the Windows 8 metro app for Skitch was lacking functionality (and dismissed it as perhaps more functionality will be added in the future since this was Skitch's first port) but now it seems they replaced the actual Skitch app for Mac with some reskinned metro app garbage. This new iteration lacks useful functionality and is utterly frustrating to use.
You can still download the old version, check my response to a previous thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...0#post15822530

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store