Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:40 AM   #1
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502a

Verizon Wireless Plans

It's been a couple of years since I looked at VZW's smartphone plans. It appears that all of the postpaid ones are now shared. How does that work if you have only one device? Are you getting screwed? Or is it still okay because one device has the whole bucket to itself?
CoMoMacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoMacUser View Post
It's been a couple of years since I looked at VZW's smartphone plans. It appears that all of the postpaid ones are now shared. How does that work if you have only one device? Are you getting screwed? Or is it still okay because one device has the whole bucket to itself?
Your only option is share everything for either one line or multiple lines.

Plans start at $100 a month for unlimited minutes, texts and 2Gb of data.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...HAREEVERYTHING
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:45 AM   #3
blastair
macrumors member

You are getting just as screwed as those of us with multiple people on our contract.

Off the top of my head, I think it's $40 per iPhone per month, then it starts at $50 for the "shared" data, which is all yours (this depends on how much data you want). If you add a second person it would be an additional $40 per iPhone, but they would be using that same bucket of data.
blastair is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:49 AM   #4
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502a

Yikes. I'm paying $50 with Sprint for unlimited voice, data, text, navigation, etc. I guess I'll stick with them.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:11 AM   #5
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yikes. I'm paying $50 with Sprint for unlimited voice, data, text, navigation, etc. I guess I'll stick with them.
If sprints works for you in your area (good call coverage and LTE service) then it is a great value.

Do you know how much data you average each month
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:18 AM   #6
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
How's the service with sprint tho?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:31 AM   #7
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan921 View Post
How's the service with sprint tho?
That's the catch. Sprint's 3G network was great until about a year ago, when throughput started to go downhill. My city has WiMAX, but the coverage is horrible because Sprint/Clearwire abandoned the buildout.

I'm on an employee-referral plan, which is why I pay only $50, so in a sense, I shouldn't complain about the service quality because I get what I pay for. But at the same time, the vast majority of Sprint subs aren't on that plan. If I were one of them, I'd have to give serious thought to coughing up the extra $30+ to get VZW's or AT&T's superior service with LTE (and HSPA+ in the case of AT&T).

My contract is up Dec. 1, but my market doesn't have LTE yet. I've got the original EVO, which I'll probably stick with until a few months after we get LTE. That way, they've got time to work the bugs out in terms of coverage holes, etc. Maybe by then Apple will come out with a wider iPhone. If I had to buy a new phone today, I'd probably go with the GS3 or Note 2 simply because I like the larger screen and the long battery life.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:02 AM   #8
unlimitedx
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
That's the catch. Sprint's 3G network was great until about a year ago, when throughput started to go downhill. My city has WiMAX, but the coverage is horrible because Sprint/Clearwire abandoned the buildout.

I'm on an employee-referral plan, which is why I pay only $50, so in a sense, I shouldn't complain about the service quality because I get what I pay for. But at the same time, the vast majority of Sprint subs aren't on that plan. If I were one of them, I'd have to give serious thought to coughing up the extra $30+ to get VZW's or AT&T's superior service with LTE (and HSPA+ in the case of AT&T).

My contract is up Dec. 1, but my market doesn't have LTE yet. I've got the original EVO, which I'll probably stick with until a few months after we get LTE. That way, they've got time to work the bugs out in terms of coverage holes, etc. Maybe by then Apple will come out with a wider iPhone. If I had to buy a new phone today, I'd probably go with the GS3 or Note 2 simply because I like the larger screen and the long battery life.

Thanks for everyone's input.
If I were with sprint I'd stick with them for a bit longer. Their semi acquisition by SoftBank should help them rollout their lte network faster than before
unlimitedx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:50 PM   #9
PhiladelphiaX
macrumors member

Quote:
CoMo, how are you paying $50/mo. for unlimited text, voice and data? I thought their cheapest data plans started at $80/mo.?

What plan are you currently on with Sprint?
PhiladelphiaX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Carl G35c
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaX View Post
CoMo, how are you paying $50/mo. for unlimited text, voice and data? I thought their cheapest data plans started at $80/mo.?

SERO
http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:21 PM   #11
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

I currently pay $71 for Sprint monthly. I get 25% off of the $69.99 plan.
EstaVidaLoca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:57 PM   #12
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaX View Post

I'm on the SERO plan.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone