Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I have my iPhone 5 for a month or so and I was rocking naked since day one. Now, the black paint is comming off...and damn, it's sexy !
At first I was pissed off but now when I look at it I kinda like it.
Am I the only one here that thinks that it looks sexy ? It's unique, it's personalized :)

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Ok guys, tomorrow I will post some pics.
I do not own a professional camera so I am going to ask a friend to give me a Nikon D80 to take some great macro shoots.
BTW, the phone is not that scratched, it's scratched in the corners and it looks nice. :)

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I have my iPhone 5 for a month or so and I was rocking naked since day one. Now, the black paint is comming off...and damn, it's sexy !
Am I the only one here that thinks that it looks sexy ? It's unique, it's personalized :)

pics or it didn't happen

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
Kudos to you for not turning into Gollum. Over your iPhone wear. I like your spirit.

RealSkyDiver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010

Maybe because you like it rough and dirty?

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Guys, at the moment I do not have a professional camera near me to take some macro photos.
Wait until tomorrow when my friend gives me hes Nikon.

----------

Kudos to you for not turning into Gollum. Over your iPhone wear. I like your spirit.

Well, I am an iPhone user since 2007, I had all the models except the 4S (wich in my opinion was the most weak upgrade in the iPhone history :confused:).
All my iPhones where naked so for me scratching and scuffing an iPhone is kinda normal. Never shatterd one...lucky me :D

----------

Maybe because you like it rough and dirty?

Maybe, maybe not... :cool:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Kudos to you for seeing the positive side of things.

I on the other hand would be absolutely pissified. This would probably bother the heck out of me.... I like to keep my devices pristine. I've owned every iPhone except the 4S.... Never used a case, and always been able to keep each one in excellent like new condition.

dr2391

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2008
I should have went with white. I love the black look but I'm so scared of how my phone is going to look in a few months and terrified how it's going to look next year. BUT we cannot say this is apples fault. Most finishes do scratch and to think that apple is some superpower that can make things un-scratchable is silly. I bought one of those 4s black mid frames and if I lightly ran my fingernail down it, it would scratch!

indiekicks

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
I could understand some wear and tear after a year, maybe even six months if we're generous. But a month?? Unacceptable.

If Apple can't get aluminum right, maybe they should go back to glass.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
yea... maybe a year from now that would be "acceptable" (note: Acceptable is far from "sexy") but at this point, about as sexy as a crotchscab.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I've had a 3G, 3GS and now onto my 4S.
All had cases on for about a month, then have rocked them naked.

I can use rocked as a word because I'm still a teen.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I have a long diagonal scratch across my screen. It rocks.

I nicknamed my phone Scarface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.