Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

connor.e

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Canada
Hello

Like many of you, I have been waiting to purchase a 27inch iMac paired with the 680mx. It has been one of my dreams to own one. However, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with Fibrolamellar Hepatocellular Carcinoma, which is a form of liver cancer. I'm turning 18 in a few days.

But enough of that. I decided that because of supply constraints, my definite bootcamp usage (which would have only been possible on the 1 TB HDD), and my general time remaining, the new iMac 27inch is not for me.

I've had a huge Cooler Master HAF X case lying around, so I decided to build a pleasant little gaming rig. I still love the display of the iMac, so I purchased a refurbished Apple Cinema display with MiniDisplay Port. My new GPU, an overclocked 3GB 7970 is able to output to this beautiful monitor.

Well enough of my rambling, I just wanted to mention this alternative if someone out there dreams of having an Apple display with the internals of a PC. I can also plug my MacBook Pro into the monitor for any CS6 editing I may want to do. I'm very excited to put it all together. :)

Thanks for reading. ;)
Connor.

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Really sad to hear about that cancer.

I think you made a great choice. If I had such an illness I definitely wouldn't sit waiting for the iMacs.

jinkoh

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Whereas some people think they won't die for a long time, they die in a car crash the next day.

And others who think their death is sure, live on for many, many years afterward.

Don't give up hope thinking it will end soon. No one can truly tell. Do what you truly believe in, today. And good luck :)

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Whereas some people think they won't die for a long time, they die in a car crash the next day.

And others who think their death is sure, live on for many, many years afterward.

Don't give up hope thinking it will end soon. No one can truly tell. Do what you truly believe in, today. And good luck :)

You've got that right! My neighbor, who is in his late 60s, had cancer treatment over the summer and after it was all said and done, he looked terrible, couldn't eat solid food, couldn't walk on his own and was given 3-4 weeks to live. Well that was 4 months ago, and he looks healthier now than before the cancer showed up and walks around his house for exercise again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.