Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1
zeeklancer
macrumors regular

DYI Photo Booth?

Howdy!

I am looking to setup a DYI photo boot for my wedding. I don't want to have to worry about internal storage on the camera. So I am looking for some advice on camera / software that will take photos with a high quality camera connected to a mac and have the images stored on a hard drive connected to the mac its self.

Thanks in advance.
zeeklancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:32 PM   #2
woodlandtrek
macrumors member

I did this recently with the following setup:

D40 with off-camera flash connected by USB to a macbook pro.
The MBP was running the Sofortbild app to handle the tethering, then I set up Lightroom to watch the capture folder and auto import the image. It applied a preset on import, then showed the image fullscreen. There was about a 2 second delay for the whole process from the time the shutter was released until the image showed up on screen. The shutter was triggered with the standard Nikon infrared remote.

If you have a supported camera, you can tether right into lightroom without going through Sofortbild.
woodlandtrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography