Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:24 AM   #51
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a

looks good i buy the black version i want the black ops two
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:28 PM   #52
Partridge
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
looks good i buy the black version i want the black ops two
Since you already have a case, just wait for the real backplate to come on sale.

I got those pictures too. If I was buying a replica I'd definitely go for that one as it comes with more accessories for around the same price, but in my opinion the fake backplate looks pretty bad. I've seen pictures of their backplate for the 4, and they really aren't making much of an effort at replicating the machined G10.
Partridge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:33 PM   #53
Crushar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partridge View Post
Since you already have a case, just wait for the real backplate to come on sale.

I got those pictures too. If I was buying a replica I'd definitely go for that one as it comes with more accessories for around the same price, but in my opinion the fake backplate looks pretty bad. I've seen pictures of their backplate for the 4, and they really aren't making much of an effort at replicating the machined G10.
That's true. The backplate isn't very nice, but it's always nice to have it as an extra. You get what you pay for. I'm sure those things will be perfected in a couple of weeks .
Crushar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:44 PM   #54
Partridge
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushar View Post
That's true. The backplate isn't very nice, but it's always nice to have it as an extra. You get what you pay for. I'm sure those things will be perfected in a couple of weeks .
Doubtful. Once they get it good enough for the price point, it'll stay that way. Look at the previous generation of fake Black Ops elite cases. They faked the backplate with cast rubber. It's good enough to fool people buying the case based on pictures on eBay, and to satisfy the kids at the flea market, and that's all they need.
Partridge is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:42 PM   #55
merc73
macrumors member

Quote:
Just got some pictures of their Sector 5-case. And I must say: it looks pretty legit.
EDIT: I got these pictures from the seller.

The normal sector 5-case: (Their cases seem to have black corners, yay! )

Black ops II sector 5-case accessories:

The case doesn't looks like black ops to me, it's silver.
merc73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 02:46 AM   #56
Crushar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc73 View Post
The case doesn't looks like black ops to me, it's silver.
The first picture is the normal sector 5-case.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:15 AM   #57
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quality of the fakes doesn't come close to the real ones, they aren't anodized their painted but this gives the finish a smoother to the touch feel but comes off on your fingers, honestly if you're OCD this wont come close to your expectations but of you want a case for more reasonable price and don't mind some flaws it's ok
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:21 AM   #58
teameurox
macrumors regular

Quote:
Did the seller you purchased from also sell the black ops 2 accesory kit? I see that your ordered the standard sector 5 but also took pictures of the accessory kit
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:36 AM   #59
Crushar
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teameurox View Post
Did the seller you purchased from also sell the black ops 2 accesory kit? I see that your ordered the standard sector 5 but also took pictures of the accessory kit
Not that I know of. Those are just the pictures she sent to me . I'll post more information as soon as I get the case.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:22 PM   #60
sly5349
macrumors newbie

Hi, came on here as not many people seem to have seen the fake cases in real life. I got one delivered the other day from aliexpress to UK (free delivery via dhl) sector 5 case was shipped early wednesday morning and received it friday midday.

They are quite good, got the case screen protector clear and black plastic parts that hold the case together and a carbon fibre rear protector but that is a bit dodgy as it was seriously sticky and seemed to screw up my wifi at home.

The case seems painted (black case) not anodized and there seems to be a tiny amount of wobble as in the phone moves back and forward in the case but only slightly (maybe the grooves for the phone are slightly wider maybe .5mm? anyway bit of cushioning seems to have fixed that but for the price quite good. The pictures they have seem to misleading but then again maybe all these sellers are just stealing them from all over and not of actual stock.

will add some pictures shortly as just sending them from wifes phone to me to upload.
sly5349 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:36 PM   #61
sly5349
macrumors newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	572
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	382525

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	627
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	382526

as promised. if you want anything else let me know.
sly5349 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:12 PM   #62
zentrani
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly5349 View Post
Attachment 382525

Attachment 382526

Looks like crap to me....

Let me just say, the links are supposed to be darker than clear. Thats quite obvious, also the machining is just not the same quality. I think they are missing a lot of champfers that makes the original much more aesthetically pleasing.

Also, if they were going to make an attempt at typing the letters, they could have used the same font/italics. But gosh, I wish they would have just left all the typing out. Just my opinion. I want to buy the legit one, I have the money but I want to save my money for more important things. Was thinking of going the fake but looks like I won't be.

Last edited by zentrani; Dec 9, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
zentrani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:43 PM   #63
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Here is mine from caseswill.

Prospekt is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:55 PM   #64
Minhthien
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post

looks really nice! Is it a tight fit?
Minhthien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:01 PM   #65
ECUpirate44
Banned

The paint of the fakes looks awful...
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:04 PM   #66
Prospekt
macrumors regular

It fits perfect. So far the only headphones I can use are the apple ones, however. I like it. Its definitely better (for me) than paying an insane amount of money for a case.

Also, for the record, so far the paint on mine is holding up great. There are no chips in the paint anywhere on mine (the flash from the camera is what caused the edges to look pretty bad)
Prospekt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:20 PM   #67
bloodninj4
macrumors member

Quote:
It fits perfect. So far the only headphones I can use are the apple ones, however. I like it. Its definitely better (for me) than paying an insane amount of money for a case.

Also, for the record, so far the paint on mine is holding up great. There are no chips in the paint anywhere on mine (the flash from the camera is what caused the edges to look pretty bad)
awesome thanks for the follow up

These look pretty good. for a quarter of the price hard to see any drastic issues with this case.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:17 PM   #68
zentrani
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Now this, looks awesome. I'm considering getting this.

I searched this thread and I couldn't find it, could you link me to casewill website that you ordered from? Thanks.

Last edited by zentrani; Dec 9, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
zentrani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:42 PM   #69
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentrani View Post
Now this, looks awesome. I'm considering getting this.

I searched this thread and I couldn't find it, could you link me to casewill website that you ordered from? Thanks.
This is the one I got

Keep in mind they're based in China so it'll take a while to receive
Prospekt is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:26 PM   #70
indyzzzz
Banned

Thanks Prospekt, looks great, mine should be her soon (from caseswill). The number of Element shills on this thread, SMH
indyzzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:35 PM   #71
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a

how much time take to arrives i buy mine on 11/30
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:53 AM   #72
sly5349
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentrani View Post
Looks like crap to me....

Let me just say, the links are supposed to be darker than clear. Thats quite obvious, also the machining is just not the same quality. I think they are missing a lot of champfers that makes the original much more aesthetically pleasing.

Also, if they were going to make an attempt at typing the letters, they could have used the same font/italics. But gosh, I wish they would have just left all the typing out. Just my opinion. I want to buy the legit one, I have the money but I want to save my money for more important things. Was thinking of going the fake but looks like I won't be.
HI, sorry the photos are a bit rough took them quickly last night to put them on here. It also comes with black links but screws seemed tight so didn't want to risk ruining anything so left the clears ones in there.

Like the chap above I would have liked to got one from caseswill but at the time they never had any so took a chance with this one. For $37 dollars it is good case in its own right but comparing it to a real one it will always look cheap!

But please if anyone gets one and it comes with a carbon fibre back plate be warned it is so sticky I was scared to death peeling it back off and it messed up my wifi badly.
sly5349 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:53 AM   #73
walmartmartyr
macrumors 6502

gunna get the silver... http://www.caseswill.com/new-sector-...ver_p4652.html
walmartmartyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:00 AM   #74
stanlehh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly5349 View Post
Attachment 382525

Attachment 382526

Is it possible to request for a picture of the earphone jack cutout? because there's not direct photo of it facefront. Thanks in advance.
stanlehh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 AM   #75
sly5349
macrumors newbie

Name:	DSC_0224.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	382733

sorry about the bad picture my lens does not like close up shots and yellow and black seem to cause it havoc

Last edited by sly5349; Dec 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
sly5349 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories