Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randallw

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Sooo... the factories in China have been busy and looks like they're now making Sector 5 cases as well. Has anyone purchased one of these yet and able to give a review? The last thread of the "Fake Vapor Pro Reviews" was great to be able to see the differences between these different vendors.

Personally, I haven't upgraded to the iPhone 5 yet, but hopefully will be doing so fairly soon. I was able to find one vendor on "ABE" that had the Sector 5 Black Ops edition listed, but not sure if it really comes with all the accessories, as it's the same pictures used by Element Case.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Sooo... the factories in China have been busy and looks like they're now making Sector 5 cases as well. Has anyone purchased one of these yet and able to give a review? The last thread of the "Fake Vapor Pro Reviews" was great to be able to see the differences between these different vendors.

Personally, I haven't upgraded to the iPhone 5 yet, but hopefully will be doing so fairly soon. I was able to find one vendor on "ABE" that had the Sector 5 Black Ops edition listed, but not sure if it really comes with all the accessories, as it's the same pictures used by Element Case.

I think the biggest difference is the quality of the item, certain parts don't line up on fake vapor pros supposedly, their shipping sucks if you even get it I never got my vapor and I doubt it has type 3 anodizing like the real sector black ops

jcastillo20059

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I had 6 Vapor pro cases from aliexpress dot com and the shipping did suck! Nearly a month from purchase to shipment but the vendor that I went through had one of the best and fitting cases that were really close to the original. They took a beating so hopefully soon that same vendor will come out with cases for the 5 because I'd be willing to gamble 20 bucks to see if they are worth it. I understand buying knock off isn't the right thing to do but when you are talking about a case thats 20 bucks and 160-200 for just a cosmetic case essentially I am going to go with the 20 dollar case

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I had 6 Vapor pro cases from aliexpress dot com and the shipping did suck! Nearly a month from purchase to shipment but the vendor that I went through had one of the best and fitting cases that were really close to the original. They took a beating so hopefully soon that same vendor will come out with cases for the 5 because I'd be willing to gamble 20 bucks to see if they are worth it. I understand buying knock off isn't the right thing to do but when you are talking about a case thats 20 bucks and 160-200 for just a cosmetic case essentially I am going to go with the 20 dollar case

I bought a Vapor Pro 5 from casewill I also have a Sector 5 FE real one from element so I didn't feel as bad buying it, the Vapor is still not here, ordered it on the 3rd of November, found out it took them 8 days to even ship it and it finally got to the states tonight but is clear across the country so will probably take another3-4 days to get here, so all in all it took them a month to ship it to me. Would never buy from casewill ever again.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007

Hard to say. I've seen images of the Black Ops II Vapor Pro fakes, and they include the "VZ-Grips" backplate, but instead of being machined G10, it's injection moulded rubber.

Now, I'm not saying that you can't make an injection moulded rubber piece that would replicate the G10 well, but the ones they show are really poorly done. Texture is flat and wrong, and there are pinhole voids from casting.

Maybe they'll do a better job this time.

jcastillo20059

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I bought a Vapor Pro 5 from casewill I also have a Sector 5 FE real one from element so I didn't feel as bad buying it, the Vapor is still not here, ordered it on the 3rd of November, found out it took them 8 days to even ship it and it finally got to the states tonight but is clear across the country so will probably take another3-4 days to get here, so all in all it took them a month to ship it to me. Would never buy from casewill ever again.

Yeah it takes forever, I live in So Cal I once had an order go from New York which is where they usually end up when they arrive from China go straight to on of the So Cal post office locations straight to Boston and then finally ending up at my house, their shipping methods aren't the best but I always take in account that they will take a month to ship out. I am going to wait out a couple of weeks so they can keep perfecting their methods, its only a matter of time until their replicas are close to near the same quality as the originals

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah it takes forever, I live in So Cal I once had an order go from New York which is where they usually end up when they arrive from China go straight to on of the So Cal post office locations straight to Boston and then finally ending up at my house, their shipping methods aren't the best but I always take in account that they will take a month to ship out. I am going to wait out a couple of weeks so they can keep perfecting their methods, its only a matter of time until their replicas are close to near the same quality as the originals

I don't think they will ever be up to par with real element cases at their price point but that should be normal as you're paying extra for the better build quality and attention to detail, some people are willing to pay for that as a lot of people are OCD and some people just won't notice or care. I can understand the long shipping time my qualm was them waiting 8 days to even ship the product in the first place that's excessive handling time for something in stock.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Well, the lady in China says that she'll be sending me actual pictures of their fake Sector5 Blackops case in a couple of days. Which would have to be real, since the real cases don't even ship until the 6th. I'm tempted to buy one just to compare it to the real steel.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Well, the lady in China says that she'll be sending me actual pictures of their fake Sector5 Blackops case in a couple of days. Which would have to be real, since the real cases don't even ship until the 6th. I'm tempted to buy one just to compare it to the real steel.

Where are you ordering it from?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013...um-Bumper-Case-for-iPhone-5-5G/693549733.html

i'm about to pull the trigger on this one but if you are going to post the pictures they provide to you from a reliable source then i would rather order there

thanks!

merc73

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Well the most significant difference between the real and replica is the words "Element Case", the replica is BIG Font.

Waiting for the replica sector 5 black ops with the 4 corners in orange. I won't fork out US199.00 for a casing.

Crushar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Well the most significant difference between the real and replica is the words "Element Case", the replica is BIG Font.

Waiting for the replica sector 5 black ops with the 4 corners in orange. I won't fork out US199.00 for a casing.

TOFTT! :). I'm looking forward to a review of this case. People that are interested in the Sector 5 Black Ops II- case can click here.

I ordered a knockoff FE gunmetal case. The seller seemed very trustworthy, so I gave it a shot. If interested, click here for her shop. She ships faster (2 days instead of 15-20 days) than the other sellers on aliexpress. I'll be posting a review once I get it.

Last edited:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012

Please post the pictures here.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
TOFTT! :). I'm looking forward to a review of this case. People that are interested in the Sector 5 Black Ops II- case can click here.

I ordered a knockoff FE gunmetal case. The seller seemed very trustworthy, so I gave it a shot. If interested, click here for her shop. She ships faster (2 days instead of 15-20 days) than the other sellers on aliexpress. I'll be posting a review once I get it.

She also uses all stolen images of the real thing in her ads, that's why I pressed her for real pictures.

Crushar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
She also uses all stolen images of the real thing in her ads, that's why I pressed her for real pictures.

Yes, that's true. That's why I asked her lots of questions about the Sector 5 (grey) product: what does it comes with, what's the colour of the logo on the side (silver), the corners of the grey version (black corners), ... :).

When I get an other product than described, I'll ask for a refund (I have proof about what she said and how she described her product, just in case).

lunarken

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011

this seller so far got the best "THEIR OWN" photos...
btw u ordered the clear or black corners?

Seed me

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012

I ordered two FE today from the link above. Please post those pics here when you get them. Thanks!

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
this seller so far got the best "THEIR OWN" photos...
btw u ordered the clear or black corners?

Those photos of all the accessories laid out next to the case and the ones one the wooden table are stolen photos of the real thing. (iLounge review, and others)

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Is there any function to the plastic insert on iphone 5 spectra?

http://www.caseswill.com/new-arrival-vapor-pro-spectra-case-for-iphone-5-black_p4329.html

how is the back cover?

also any feedback with this style aluminum bumpers and glass screen protectors?

I have this case in black, it's ok, not worth more then 25 dollars, the plastic insert makes it so there isn't a complete circuit to both antennas cause interference I don't have a glass screen protector so can't comment, the genuine cases have way better build quality, fit and finish

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
I have this case in black, it's ok, not worth more then 25 dollars, the plastic insert makes it so there isn't a complete circuit to both antennas cause interference I don't have a glass screen protector so can't comment, the genuine cases have way better build quality, fit and finish

you have yet to post any pictures of the case you keep describing
please post some
no one believes you

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
you have yet to post any pictures of the case you keep describing
please post some
no one believes you

Well it's a good thing I could care less what people think as I have better things to do then take pictures then host them to put in a website

Thade

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2004

Thanks!

Anyone have any feedback or pics of the back cover from casewill or screen protector ??

TIA

Crushar

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012

Thanks! Can you post a picture here of how it looks? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.