Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:57 PM   #126
TheBigKing
macrumors 6502a

Mineee

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356386263.275892.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	385620
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:53 PM   #127
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
The difference between the authentic and fakes is that the authentic is anodized aluminum and the fakes are painted. The difference in quality finish clearly shows.
Not true. I have several fakes and they are all anodized. UNLESS you're talking about the white then they may be painted instead of powder coated, I don't own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
The real shame is that Element charges $140 for BUMPERS.
LoL that's for the base.... knock it up to the block ops and you're paying $200 No thanks, I'll take mine for $35. I do hope they come out with one of the wood ones.

Last edited by AFDoc; Dec 24, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
AFDoc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:57 PM   #128
kaikai830
macrumors 6502

black..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01859.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	385675   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01858.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	385676  
kaikai830 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:55 PM   #129
vodavoda
macrumors member

Does the paint chip off easily over time?
vodavoda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:30 AM   #130
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodavoda View Post
Does the paint chip off easily over time?
I've had mine around 3 weeks... Dropped it off my nightstand a couple times and no paint chips or anything. Holding up well
Prospekt is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:54 PM   #131
stanlehh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
So my Sector 5 just arrived today. I removed the my VaporPro bumper case to compare the two.

First of all, I can say that the fit is better on this "Sector 5" out of the box compared to the VaporPro that needed to be bent a little to be flush with the phone.

However the headphone jack opening is even deeper on this Sector 5 than on the VaporPro making the headphone selection even more limited. Also the bottom opening is divided into three separate sections whereas it was wide open on the VaporPro design.

As far as a signal reception test using field test mode:
iPhone 5 without case: -96 on desk (-110 in hand)
iPhone 5 in Sector 5 case: -97 on desk (-111 in hand)
iPhone 5 in VaporPro case: -97 on desk (-111 in hand)

So as you can see the impact on the signal is negligble with both the Sector 5 and VaporPro.

One negative that I noticed is that this Sector 5 is not a "lay on the table" design as the front edge of the case is flush with the front glass. If you set the phone face down, the front glass will touch the surface of the table. The VaporPro case on the other hand had a slightly raised front edge that kept the glass from touching the table/desk/counter.

As far as the overall finish I see a slight asymmetry in the machining of the front bevel and my case came with a tiny dent in the back edge. The edges dont seem quite as sharp as they were on the VaporPro which in my eyes is a good thing as I keep my iPhone 5 in the same pocket as my work iPhone 4. The back of my iPhone 4 case was getting quite scratched up by the sharp edges of the VaporPro on my iPhone 5.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with this Sector 5 case. It improves on several of the issues that I had with the VaporPro including initial fit and edge sharpness. Based on my testing, neither case significantly impacts cellular signal strength as compared to a bare phone. The drawbacks however, are not being a "lay on table" safe design, deep/narrow headphone jack opening, and slight asymmetry in machining.
any idea does yours come with the black corner connectors instead of the transparent ones that came by default?
stanlehh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:26 PM   #132
TheLonelyIsland
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post
I've had mine around 3 weeks... Dropped it off my nightstand a couple times and no paint chips or anything. Holding up well
Can you take a close up of the black finish pwetty please? Does it feel ultra smooth or rough?
TheLonelyIsland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:52 PM   #133
lunarken
macrumors regular

it will look n feel better if its matte black..
lunarken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:07 PM   #134
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai830 View Post
black..
Amazing combination! Is that a skin on top of your aluminum home button?
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:28 PM   #135
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyIsland View Post
Can you take a close up of the black finish pwetty please? Does it feel ultra smooth or rough?
Hey buddy..These were the best pics I could get. Anything closer and it wouldn't focus well (or I still don't know how to use my camera to its fullest extent ) Mine feels smooth and high quality. Still no scratches or chips, but maybe I got lucky?

Sorry for the meh photos

Prospekt is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:29 AM   #136
bludragon06
macrumors regular

wife now has my iPhone 4 32 gig

Last edited by bludragon06; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:40 AM.
bludragon06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:42 AM   #137
bludragon06
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikai830 View Post
black..

Can you please give us the low down on what you have? The skin and the home button setup!
wife now has my iPhone 4 32 gig
bludragon06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:06 AM   #138
TheLonelyIsland
macrumors member

Quote:
Hey buddy..These were the best pics I could get. Anything closer and it wouldn't focus well (or I still don't know how to use my camera to its fullest extent ) Mine feels smooth and high quality. Still no scratches or chips, but maybe I got lucky?

Sorry for the meh photos

Thanks, I'll take your word for it then.
TheLonelyIsland is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:01 AM   #139
kaikai830
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardC300 View Post
Amazing combination! Is that a skin on top of your aluminum home button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludragon06 View Post
Can you please give us the low down on what you have? The skin and the home button setup!
Thanks, I have the stckerboy 2 Tone full body skins - slate jet black brushed and black stealth antibacterial/smooth finish upper & lower back skin . The home button skin is the slate jet black brushed that comes with the set.
kaikai830 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:11 AM   #140
zentrani
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Sorry for the meh photos

We need to make a rule:

When ever anyone posts a pic of their phone, list the components of the case please. So i don't have to ask...

Hey budd, what is your set up?
zentrani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:52 AM   #141
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentrani View Post
We need to make a rule:

When ever anyone posts a pic of their phone, list the components of the case please. So i don't have to ask...

Hey budd, what is your set up?
Black sector 5 replica from caseswill with white lucky lab stickers and a white leather back from spigen
Prospekt is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:50 PM   #142
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Mine's in the mail. Can't wait!

Last edited by Six8; Dec 31, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Six8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:50 AM   #143
FuNNuTz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiH View Post
So my Sector 5 just arrived today. I removed the my VaporPro bumper case to compare the two.

First of all, I can say that the fit is better on this "Sector 5" out of the box compared to the VaporPro that needed to be bent a little to be flush with the phone.

However the headphone jack opening is even deeper on this Sector 5 than on the VaporPro making the headphone selection even more limited. Also the bottom opening is divided into three separate sections whereas it was wide open on the VaporPro design.

As far as a signal reception test using field test mode:
iPhone 5 without case: -96 on desk (-110 in hand)
iPhone 5 in Sector 5 case: -97 on desk (-111 in hand)
iPhone 5 in VaporPro case: -97 on desk (-111 in hand)

So as you can see the impact on the signal is negligble with both the Sector 5 and VaporPro.

One negative that I noticed is that this Sector 5 is not a "lay on the table" design as the front edge of the case is flush with the front glass. If you set the phone face down, the front glass will touch the surface of the table. The VaporPro case on the other hand had a slightly raised front edge that kept the glass from touching the table/desk/counter.

As far as the overall finish I see a slight asymmetry in the machining of the front bevel and my case came with a tiny dent in the back edge. The edges dont seem quite as sharp as they were on the VaporPro which in my eyes is a good thing as I keep my iPhone 5 in the same pocket as my work iPhone 4. The back of my iPhone 4 case was getting quite scratched up by the sharp edges of the VaporPro on my iPhone 5.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with this Sector 5 case. It improves on several of the issues that I had with the VaporPro including initial fit and edge sharpness. Based on my testing, neither case significantly impacts cellular signal strength as compared to a bare phone. The drawbacks however, are not being a "lay on table" safe design, deep/narrow headphone jack opening, and slight asymmetry in machining.
Hi KojiH, can you post more photos? Thanks
FuNNuTz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 01:44 AM   #144
matthew825
macrumors newbie

For anyone who has ordered off of caseswill. How long did it take for you to receive your case?
matthew825 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 02:48 AM   #145
Itsedstech
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew825 View Post
For anyone who has ordered off of caseswill. How long did it take for you to receive your case?
4 days with express shipping! 2 and a half weeks with free shipping! to kansas.
Itsedstech is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 02:37 PM   #146
matthew825
macrumors newbie

Ok, it never gave me the option for express shopping. I ordered on the 26th and according to tracking it still hasn't left china. That's why I ask.
matthew825 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:57 PM   #147
Seed me
macrumors newbie

Finally got 5 in after 30 days! Going to sell two in black ops on EBAY. Anyone interested? Will post pics later.
Seed me is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:02 PM   #148
zentrani
macrumors newbie

Just got mine. Its pretty awesome. The only way to know its a fake is the font along the side is clearly wrong. Interior stuff is different as well (I think the legit element cases include some sort of rubber interior which is lacking). But with the rash guards provided. It looks really good. Glad I made the purchase. I'm not rich enough to afford 150$
zentrani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:16 PM   #149
Sinestro
macrumors newbie

Sinestro is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:29 AM   #150
stanlehh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
is it possible to get a link of the seller that you got it from? and also to ask what colour is your power button? Thanks.

Stan.
stanlehh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories