Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1
ehmjay
macrumors member

Tell Time Machine to Backup Specific Folder on Large Raid?

So I know that I can tell Time Machine *not* to backup certain folders/discs but can I do the opposite?

Because of Final Cut Pro X's way of managing things I'd like to have it so that my projects are always being backed up by Time Machine, but because of render files and the like they are being stored on my internal raid. I'd really rather not like to go through and tell it to not include every folder on the raid EXCEPT for the final cut projects folder so I was wondering if there's any way to force it to backup a specific folder?
ehmjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:19 PM   #2
prisstratton
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehmjay View Post
So I know that I can tell Time Machine *not* to backup certain folders/discs but can I do the opposite?

Because of Final Cut Pro X's way of managing things I'd like to have it so that my projects are always being backed up by Time Machine, but because of render files and the like they are being stored on my internal raid. I'd really rather not like to go through and tell it to not include every folder on the raid EXCEPT for the final cut projects folder so I was wondering if there's any way to force it to backup a specific folder?
From what I have read, this does not seem to be possible. Most of the threads I looked at suggested using Carbon Copy Cloner to do this for you. Using CCC you can create a task (selecting just a single folder if you wish) and schedule it to backup whenever you want.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion