Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ehmjay

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
So I know that I can tell Time Machine *not* to backup certain folders/discs but can I do the opposite?

Because of Final Cut Pro X's way of managing things I'd like to have it so that my projects are always being backed up by Time Machine, but because of render files and the like they are being stored on my internal raid. I'd really rather not like to go through and tell it to not include every folder on the raid EXCEPT for the final cut projects folder so I was wondering if there's any way to force it to backup a specific folder?

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
So I know that I can tell Time Machine *not* to backup certain folders/discs but can I do the opposite?

Because of Final Cut Pro X's way of managing things I'd like to have it so that my projects are always being backed up by Time Machine, but because of render files and the like they are being stored on my internal raid. I'd really rather not like to go through and tell it to not include every folder on the raid EXCEPT for the final cut projects folder so I was wondering if there's any way to force it to backup a specific folder?

From what I have read, this does not seem to be possible. Most of the threads I looked at suggested using Carbon Copy Cloner to do this for you. Using CCC you can create a task (selecting just a single folder if you wish) and schedule it to backup whenever you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.