Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikebchicago

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
I have a user running OSX 10.7.5 having a bit of an issue with her account. In our corporate environment, the MacBook users authenticate using their Active Directory credentials using their mobile account. This particular users mobile account seems to have lost the ability to be mobile. She can authenticate fine when wired directly into our network, but can't from other networks or when offline. Her account is also no longer visible in the User pane in the System Prefernces GUI, but her user folder still exists in /users/.

I tried renaming her user folder so that she would be prompted to create a new mobile account on login, which she was, however, the system failed to create the new mobile account for her (presumably because it still sees traces of her username in the system somewhere, I tested and was able to successfully create a mobile account for a different user).

Does anyone know if it will be possible to a) restore her account back to the way it was, or b)remove all traces of her from the system so that I can successfully create a new mobile account for her and link it back to her old user folder.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.