|Nov 28, 2012, 07:05 PM||#1|
Got a MBA - have a few question
First is 10.8 ML?
Second in the initial setup I created a new iCloud account as I thought if I use my existing which is linked to my iPhone I won't have enough space for backups.
Because you only get 5 gb free. So now how can I link the apple through which I purchase apps.
Also should I just have 1 account for my iPad MBA and iPhone. Also can my wife's iPhone also sync with notes etc.
The available space shows 104 gb I even delete garage band. But it shows movies music and other using space.. I understand other which might be apps etc but movies and photos, I don't have anything on it how can I reclaim that space.
I see hard drive and then I see a home icon with my name next to it. How can I make it so everything goes into the HDD and not on the under users.
Is there a way to get a nice calendar and clock on the desktop and not the ones that it comes preloaded.
|Nov 28, 2012, 08:36 PM||#2|
1) 10.8 is Mountain Lion
2) You could have multiple iCloud accounts but it kind of defeats the purpose of syncing between devices
3) I would recommend sharing the purchases via Home Share (authorize the computers within the household)
4) I would say use one account, see #2 (not to mention having to log in/out of various accounts to download or update apps)
5) Can't sync wife's notes to your device unless you use a shared Gmail account, third party software, or the same iTunes account (that I know of)
6) In Finder, just click Movies or Music from the Sidebar and see what files are taking up space
7) On MBA, everything goes on the HDD whether you save it under the user folder, desktop, or elsewhere. Are you trying to ask another question?
8) No suggestions for calendar or clock. I just use the built in clock on the menu bar and Calendar. I'm sure there are other third party apps; maybe another user will suggest one.
I hope this helped!
|Nov 29, 2012, 06:30 AM||#3|
7. In the past I have i think 2 libraries created one under the main and ine under users. and I don't want that to happen.
Also, when I click on teh apple logo in teh drop down it says log out of then my name. how can I change that.
|Nov 29, 2012, 09:40 AM||#4|
I have the same problem with my new MBA. I booted it up for the first time and checked the space but there was over 1GB of space taken up by "Music" before I even did anything with it.
Another question, when I install a program that comes from a .dmg file, do I need to (can I) delete that file after I've installed the program to free up space?
|Nov 29, 2012, 09:54 PM||#5|
7) I think you would have to "try" to do that so if you just save to folders in your user name folder, you should be fine.
If you want to change the name shown under Log Out, go to Settings then Users then click the user name and type whatever you'd like.
|Nov 30, 2012, 07:12 AM||#6|
I am on 10.8 and there is an update for 10.8.2 available, shoudl I update to the newest version.
Any issues with the update?
Also, I used my 3tb external HDD to backup last night, my question is doe sit backup everything, I mean even the surfing on the internet. Is there a way to pick and choose what shoudl be backed up in time machine.
Also, how can I get a safari or chrome or firefox window to open at a defualt size. I don't want to keep rezing it everytime i open the browser or even the finder mene window.
|Dec 1, 2012, 07:20 PM||#7|
Essentially, a Time Machine backs up everything it would need to set up your system exactly as it used to be if you ever restore from it. So basically it backs up your media, settings, applications, and all files/folders associated with those applications. So yes, it does technically backup history. However I do know for sure Chrome stores it in a weird format that can't just be read by anything. I would assume Firefox and Safari do this as well.
If you still want to exclude those history folders from a Time Machine backup, go to System Prefs > Time Machine > Options and then hit the little plus to add a folder to the exclusions list. I don't know the folder locations where each browser stores their history, but a Google search should help.
As for the last query, by default size do you mean full screen?
I have a dream that one day iOS users, Android users, and Windows Phone users will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
Xbox Live: ClassyPandaBear
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MBA - Trackpad question||JohnnyIOS||MacBook Air||1||Aug 14, 2013 02:37 PM|
|New MBA question||Hotsauce77||MacBook Air||4||Jul 26, 2013 11:22 AM|
|MBA return question||knlawledge||MacBook Air||3||Jan 13, 2013 05:25 PM|
|MBA 2012 question||Mirari||MacBook Air||2||Jul 2, 2012 11:05 PM|
|quick MBA question||zMacintoshz||MacBook Air||9||Jun 19, 2012 08:08 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.