Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Ok so I've jailbroken ever single iPhone I've owned up until the 5. Besides from cosmetic differences is there any reason to jailbreak now? I do miss MyWi but besides that I feel that the combination of hardware and software is more than sufficient now.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I want my BiteSMS, Zephyr, KillBackground and NCSettings back ;) also being able to theme again would rock! Love using Glasklart :)

trvsglr

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2009
On my jailbroken 4S I had hands free Siri and I loved it! That and Bite SMS will probly be my reason to jailbreak.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I want my BiteSMS, Zephyr, KillBackground and NCSettings back ;) also being able to theme again would rock! Love using Glasklart :)
Those are the exact things I love about my jb'n 4S. Zephyr, Bitesms and the kill background apps tweak. If stock iOS came with all of that I probably wouldn't need a jailbreak. Sbsettings too, and the Pandora skip tweak. I'm scared of ever going back to stock.

The things you can do with a jailbroken iPhone are amazing compared to the stock OS. Stock iOS is perfect for the average user, though.

Last edited:

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I would never considering upgrading my iPhone without a Jailbreak being Released, period! Cannot live without Intelliscreen X, Folderenhancer, passwordpilot, etc, etc.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Ok so I've jailbroken ever single iPhone I've owned up until the 5. Besides from cosmetic differences is there any reason to jailbreak now? I do miss MyWi but besides that I feel that the combination of hardware and software is more than sufficient now.

If you truly did JB all your other phones and used the JBs to their fullest ability, you wouldn't be asking this question.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
A bit off topic, but are these Pokemon games something a 15 year old (like my son) should still be into? I mean, I always thought those were for younger kids. :confused:

I'm not exactly up on the topic...haven't really played video games since the mid 80s. :)

I think you might be overestimating the age of many who post on this forum. ;)

Steevie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
Thats true i didnt do much with my jailbroken iphones. sbssettings for the toggles mywi and fullscreen safari was what i used mostly and most of these are not built in. Im sure once a jailbreak comes out i'll jailbreak again but I hated waiting to update

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
If Apple spent just a fraction of the time they do blocking jailbreaks and put it into implementing some of the popular jailbreak features, iOS would be a lot further along now.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
If Apple spent just a fraction of the time they do blocking jailbreaks and put it into implementing some of the popular jailbreak features, iOS would be a lot further along now.

Then people would whine saying Apple stole their idea. Look at WiFi Sync (nor say the creator whined)

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I'm waiting for Tether Me among other Cydia applications. Also agree that Apple blocking JB's is a big waste of time and effort, there will always be a way to break the IOS

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Besides from cosmetic differences is there any reason to jailbreak now?
We can't answer that for you. For me, none of the tweaks I use are incorporated in IOS6 so there are plenty of reasons for me to JB IOS 6. It's a subjective matter. If you want feedback then you'll need to be very clear on what you've been using.

I do miss MyWi but besides that I feel that the combination of hardware and software is more than sufficient now.
Seems like you answered your own question then.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
A bit off topic, but are these Pokemon games something a 15 year old (like my son) should still be into? I mean, I always thought those were for younger kids. :confused:

I'm not exactly up on the topic...haven't really played video games since the mid 80s. :)

Pokémon has this nostalgia attached to it, and I used to love it when I was younger. I don't have a Nintendo DS or game much at all really anymore, but it's fun to casually play on my iPhone once in a while. I'm 20 years old so I guess I'm not too old to still enjoy it aha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.