Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Twelve South's BookBook for iPhone 5 Ships Monday

Twelve South's popular BookBook iPhone case has been updated for the iPhone 5 and will launch on Monday November 19th, MacRumors has learned. We don't have any details about pricing, but the new BookBook should begin shipping on Monday as well.

Interested users can sign up for a notification list to learn when the BookBook for iPhone 5 launches. The current BookBook for the iPhone 4 and 4S is $59.99 and is available in both brown and black.

Update: Twelve South has now posted an information page on the BookBook for iPhone 5, noting that it does indeed launch on Monday and is priced at $59.99.

Update: Twelve South confirms that the BookBook for iPhone 5 is fully compatible with the newly released iPhone 5s.

Article Link: Twelve South's BookBook for iPhone 5 Ships Monday
MacRumors is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:25 PM   #2
extricated
macrumors regular

Been waiting for this!
These folks have great products.
extricated is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 PM   #3
stevemiller
macrumors 6502a

So hipster it hurts.
stevemiller is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Sneakz
macrumors 65816

I'm curious, who is this case popular with?
Sneakz is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:26 PM   #5
sbrhwkp3
macrumors 6502

Want.
sbrhwkp3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:30 PM   #6
IbisDoc
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakz View Post
Librarians?
IbisDoc is offline   15 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:35 PM   #7
PDFierro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Quite a bunch of people. What's your problem with it?

This is good news. I knew this was getting close to release. I've been going back and forth on getting an iPhone 5, but I honestly would want this case to be available before I bought one.
PDFierro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:36 PM   #8
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.
bradl is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 PM   #9
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
Got to laugh at the young attractive model on the web site. I'm sure she would be keen to be seen with one of these in public.
Attached Images

Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:41 PM   #10
scionfriar
macrumors newbie

Once you try a BookBook for iPhone it is REALLY hard to go back. I got an iPhone 5 at launch and have been waiting for baited breath. I can't wait.
scionfriar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:42 PM   #11
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue that the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

Last edited by likemyorbs; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
likemyorbs is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM   #12
Sardonick007
macrumors regular

wowow, coolcool, butbut, dumbdumb.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:47 PM   #13
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymacky View Post
Got to laugh at the young attractive model on the web site. I'm sure she would be keen to be seen with one of these in public.
Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use.

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.
bradl is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Sardonick007
macrumors regular

If that theft story is true, that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 PM   #15
thelink
macrumors regular

Seems legit. I'll take three.
thelink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:51 PM   #16
bushido
macrumors 601

Quote:
harry potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!
i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

Last edited by bushido; Nov 15, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
bushido is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:56 PM   #17
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardonick007 View Post
If that theft story is true, that's awesome.
It is. I had a nearly $10,000 claim on my homeowner's insurance, after bringing in the damage to my house (some of it I'm still recouping). It would have been worse because my SO's Mac had all of the pictures of our children's births on it and mine had all of our business data on it (yes, we have backups).

But still, their cases proved their worth to us that I'd recommend them to anyone.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:00 PM   #18
sbrhwkp3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!
So you're arguing you hate covers because they're not aesthetically appealing, yet you don't care about getting scratches on your phone because you don't care about your phone being aesthetically appealing.
sbrhwkp3 is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:01 PM   #19
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use.

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.
Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:07 PM   #20
jlblodgett
macrumors 6502a

Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?
jlblodgett is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:07 PM   #21
franzmueller
macrumors regular

Quote:
Good question . I am one of them
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:08 PM   #22
PDFierro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackymacky View Post
Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.
So in your eyes, this is a product for old people? I would think young people would get this just as much.
PDFierro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Bargle
macrumors regular

Send your 60$ to UNICEF. For Pete's sake.
Bargle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:14 PM   #24
adztaylor
Banned

Send a message via MSN to adztaylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post

i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me
I'm exactly the same. Determined not to buy anymore cases because after a few hours I take them off never to be used again. Prefer using the phone naked.
adztaylor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:14 PM   #25
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlblodgett View Post
Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?
The last email blast I got from them on 10/18 stated yes:

Quote:
And finally (no doubt the news you've been waiting for), no need to slide your iphone up to take a picture anymore. BookBook for iPhone 5 will include a camera hole!
BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion