Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackwills

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
Since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to ios 6(currently 6.0.1). Every time when I lock my phone the wifi connection diconnect automaticlly. So I can't get any notifications of my whatsapp messages when my iPhone is locked, I have to unlock my phone, wait 1-2 second for the wifi to reconnect automaticlly, hit on my whatsapp and check the messages. Sometimes it even drop all in a sudden while I was in the middle of my chat and web browsing. It wasnt like this when it was 5.1.1. This really annoy me a lot.
My iPad 2 is still on 5.1.1, it stay connected all the time, aint got no problems
Has anyone found a solution?
Thank You

Last edited:

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Since I upgraded my iPhone 4 to ios 6. Every time when I lock my phone the wifi connection diconnect automaticlly. So I can't get any notifications of my whatsapp messages when my iPhone is locked, I have to unlock my phone, wait 1-2 second for the wifi to reconnect auomaticlly, hit on my whatsapp and check the messages. Sometimes it even drop all in a sudden while I was in the middle of my chat and web browsing. It wasnt like this when it was 5.1.1. This really annoy me a lot.
Anyone know how to solve this?
Thank You

I have noticed my iPod touch does this as well but my iPhone 5 does not. If anyone might know how to fix this please share.

apple-ette

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
I have to restart my iPhone 4 to get it start getting data through wi-fi, about once per day. It is very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.