Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
I see they launched the preorder for the Leverage for the iPhone 5 been waiting a long time for one. Doesn't Ship till January but when Chinese New Year coming that isn't to bad.

My only worry is that the first fun will not be upto snuff. Anyone else get one?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Just ordered, but the preorder page is weird. There are selection buttons but no labels for color and the lever. I just picked the left ones hoping they were black and matte and Emailed support.

Love their cases, even if they are overpriced.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I am playing a wait-and-see on this one. I had a Leverage for the iPhone 4 and it was pretty nice. I want to see how thick this case is. The Caze thin edge matte I have is pretty darn sweet and feels great in the hand and pretty much on par with the material used on the leverage. It's hard to tell how thick this case is with the newer iPhone 5. If the case is indeed thinner than the 4s version, that would mean the metal clasp would need to be thinner as well. Can't tell from the Pre rendered images and video in the site.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
This is pretty nice. And, as mentioned earlier, not too pricy.

Anyone know how they protect the inside of the phone from scuffs?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
This is pretty nice. And, as mentioned earlier, not too pricy.

Anyone know how they protect the inside of the phone from scuffs?

The first 4/S cases had a problem wight he inside of the clasp scratching the top of the phone. They solved the problem by shipping cases with a small skin strip that would prevent the clasp from making direct contact with the metal antenna. Not sure if they will do the same with the 5 version, but I would assume they would. Aside from the top, there is no other protection. After several months using the case in the 4s, I had no issues.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Hmmm...might cancel my Pre-Order. If this pic is accurate, the 5 version of the case is the same thickness as the 4/S. I really enjoy the slimness of the 5 even with the Caze on. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354238090.836542.jpg

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Hmmm...might cancel my Pre-Order. If this pic is accurate, the 5 version of the case is the same thickness as the 4/S. I really enjoy the slimness of the 5 even with the Caze on. View attachment 380569

I doubt the 5 is going to be the same thickness as the 4s. Look closely at the pics,especially the clasp on top,the 5 looked thinner.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I doubt the 5 is going to be the same thickness as the 4s. Look closely at the pics,especially the clasp on top,the 5 looked thinner.

Looks like the clasp is redesigned. The thickness of the case hasn't changed according to that pic.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Well anyway I already placed a preorder for it. I don't think it'll be as thick as a 4s but keeping my finger cross.:)

Robby29

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Ordered as well. The graftconcept Facebook page said it isn't going to be as thick as 4s.. It just doesn't make sense If it did lol

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Canceled my order. I'll wait to see it either live or on reviews. The Caze will keep me happy for now being as thin as it is.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I love when people create a thread without providing a picture or link to the item they are talking about. Like I know what a Graft Leverage is.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I had the leverage for my 4S, and I loved it. I thought about getting it for the 5 as well (especially since I have a 50% off coupon), but I'm not sure I will, as I really like my Elago Outfit, and I'm not sure if I want to have the same case twice in a row. I'm sure I'll get another case when I get bored of the Elago. We'll see what strikes my fancy then. I loved my leverage, though. Great case. I used it both with and without the backplate, and loved that it stays the same thickness as a bumper or full case.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Looks like the clasp is redesigned. The thickness of the case hasn't changed according to that pic.

The one on our right is clearly thicker.... maybe an eye exam at a qualified optician is in order?

Doesn't look bad but I'm not sure about the mute switch.

I went ahead and placed a pre-order. I use a glass screen protector and I know the first one caused issues that's why I never picked on up. Maybe this one won't have issues? Hope not because I like my glass screen protector way more than this case.

I love when people create a thread without providing a picture or link to the item they are talking about. Like I know what a Graft Leverage is.
I know right! Thanks phoneX for providing the link. Of course it wouldn't of been that hard to find but I'm lazy.

Last edited:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
The one on our right is clearly thicker.... maybe an eye exam at a qualified optician is in order?

Regardless, the thickness is not what I was expecting for the iphone 5 version. The two cases side by side look pretty close and the extra thickness in the new 5 version is there (as in the previous gen) to accommodate the slide-in back plates.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Supposedly they have started shipping these out to preorders this last weekend. I got an email from Amazon saying that I was charged. Will see when it actually ships and I hope it will be a good product.

Only bad thing is that their new credit card backplate is not done yet and so they will be shipping those out at a later date to those who preordered.

Last edited:

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Supposedly they have started shipping these out to preorders this last weekend. I got an email from Amazon saying that I was charged. Will see when it actually ships and I hope it will be a good product.

Only bad thing is that their new credit card backplate is not done yet and so they will be shipping those out at a later date to those who preordered.

The Backplate does look good tho! I am excited about seeing it. Here is a picture that they sent me (I posted this on another post)

GC-backplate-creditcard.jpg

Hopefully I can do another give-away with them, I will let everyone know that I a giving away a case when I post it.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Mine shipped out yesterday. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week. I will take photos and give thoughts once I get it and check it out for those interested.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Mine shipped out yesterday. Hopefully I will have it by the end of the week. I will take photos and give thoughts once I get it and check it out for those interested.

How do you know it actually shipped? Did you get an email saying so with a tracking number or did they (Amazon) simply charge your credit card finally? I did get see a charge go through on Sunday but no follow up or emails other than that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.