Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

View Poll Results: Do you like iTunes 11?
I Love It 281 68.37%
I Hate It! > 88 21.41%
I havent upgraded yet 41 9.98%
My computer doesn't support iTunes 11 1 0.24%
Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:47 PM   #76
quaffa
macrumors newbie

I'm happier with iTunes 11 now...

I've got rid of the damned thing and reverted back to 10.7.

Happy days...
quaffa is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:53 PM   #77
iRCL
macrumors 6502

I just redeemed a gift card. That was one of the slickest coolest things I've ever done with a computer (I am not being sarcastic)
iRCL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:18 PM   #78

Neither good nor bad...just TERRIBLE. It could be called "Horrendous iPad Music App Redux".

10.7 FOREVER!
50548 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:48 PM   #79
Sital
macrumors 65816

So far, so good with iTunes 11. Everything seems to be working and I like the new interface. Redeeming a gift card with the camera is so much better.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:01 PM   #80
natd1993
macrumors regular

I think this song sums up iTunes 11 well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OaRPsKirE4

Oh Apple, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Last edited by natd1993; Dec 1, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
natd1993 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:05 PM   #81
Gala
macrumors regular

Better than good. It's great. The subtle things like when you open an album the background and highlighted colors change depending on the color of the album art.
Gala is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:13 PM   #82
MrKambo
macrumors member

I like 11 a lot, I'm one of them people who hated iTunes and using it was a chore.
But the new interface inspired me to organise and maintain my music collection, the more I use it, the more I like it.

I haven't come across any flaws that effect me directly but overall it's a lot nicer to use than 10, might start slowly adding my DVD rips to it
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:22 PM   #83
mikejg
macrumors newbie

I can't figure out how to search the music library on my iphone in iTunes 11. Was this this feature removed or can I just not find it?
mikejg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 05:32 PM   #84
northy124
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow%20Mac View Post
while the new features are nice, how has it been performing for you?
It performs well but WTF is with random songs playing after I play a single? also can't play unticked songs unless I right click then play, ridiculous, I have to untick as I can't put all songs on my iPhone!!!

Personally I am disliking it right now.
northy124 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:18 PM   #85
stueee123
macrumors member

retina stoplights are different than in the rest of the OS

The stoplights on itunes 11 are different (look lower res) on the retina display compared to those of safari or any other application..

Safaris on the left, itunes 11 on the right
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-01 at 7.16.12 PM.png
Views:	27
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	380995  
stueee123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:19 PM   #86
jammybastard
macrumors member

Mixed feelings.
I do like the layout, but...

1. I don't like that I can't edit what info shows in the columns.

2. When I want to edit track info by selecting "Get Info" it pops up a warning message.
Every damn time. Ugh.

3. They removed the "next track" button from the info panel, so if you have to edit multiple tracks you have to open and close each individual track which means you have to see that stupid pop up message everytime.
FML
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:22 PM   #87
axi0m
macrumors member

New interface feels somewhat laggy on my MBpr and back/forward swiped sometimes miss the animation.
axi0m is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 06:26 PM   #88
d0nK
macrumors regular

Terrible!

So frustrating.

I want to order the Artist view by Rating but you can't order it by anything!!!!!!

No artwork in Songs view!!!!

Arrrrrrrgggggg!!! I need a punchbag with a picture of Tim Cook on it tonight!.
d0nK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:11 PM   #89
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammybastard View Post
Mixed feelings.
I do like the layout, but...

1. I don't like that I can't edit what info shows in the columns.

2. When I want to edit track info by selecting "Get Info" it pops up a warning message.
Every damn time. Ugh.

3. They removed the "next track" button from the info panel, so if you have to edit multiple tracks you have to open and close each individual track which means you have to see that stupid pop up message everytime.
FML
what are you talking about? i can edit the columns (in song view), i never get a warning message (just tested), and next track is still there (in albums and songs view, not artist for some reason)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nK View Post
Terrible!

So frustrating.

I want to order the Artist view by Rating but you can't order it by anything!!!!!!

No artwork in Songs view!!!!

Arrrrrrrgggggg!!! I need a punchbag with a picture of Tim Cook on it tonight!.
dude, what?

some people need to sit down and take a deep breath before voicing their complaints
Lvivske is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:18 PM   #90
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
what are you talking about? i can edit the columns (in song view), i never get a warning message (just tested), and next track is still there (in albums and songs view, not artist for some reason)

Two things, first, the previous guy was talking the next track when you right click and "get info". That is no longer there.

Second. It doesn't really affect what I do on iTunes, but how did you get that order pop up box? I can't seem to get the same view you have, but this isn't something I normally did with my songs or playlists so maybe I'm just not familiar with it.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:02 AM   #91
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
Two things, first, the previous guy was talking the next track when you right click and "get info". That is no longer there.

Second. It doesn't really affect what I do on iTunes, but how did you get that order pop up box? I can't seem to get the same view you have, but this isn't something I normally did with my songs or playlists so maybe I'm just not familiar with it.
a) I checked and next/previous is still there for 'get info' on both albums and songs, but not artist view

b) view / view options
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:28 AM   #92
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvivske View Post
a) I checked and next/previous is still there for 'get info' on both albums and songs, but not artist view

b) view / view options
My bad, I didn't check song or album view. I've been viewing everything in artist view lately. And thanks for b.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:21 AM   #93
AlexBerkman
macrumors member

That new mini player is a waste of space...the old is missed...they should have made option to collapse the itunes window so we have one window instead of this stupid extra mini thingi...It shows no info at all unless U click around, thats stupid stupid stupid....
AlexBerkman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:27 AM   #94
roland.g
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoelJuun View Post
The Up Next is incredible, they made it really really good! When opening and album, the background of that window changes color to that of the cover art. Beautiful. Adding items to playlists is also great. The mini-player is finally useable and really good, all because of Up Next.

The downside is the lay-out of the Store, the horizontal scroll with sidebar on top of that.

I don't spend much time in the Store though, so for me it's minor.
I really want to see Up Next come to iOS.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:48 AM   #95
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Dang it I keep thinking I really don't like about it. The new layout that matches the background color with the album art. It's not a huge deal but I honestly don't like how it fades the artwork into the background. I would rather it have a clean break from the artwork to the background color. This is mostly because the album artwork is sometimes a part of the artform and I like to see it in its entirety.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:03 AM   #96
Lvivske
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBerkman View Post
That new mini player is a waste of space...the old is missed...they should have made option to collapse the itunes window so we have one window instead of this stupid extra mini thingi...It shows no info at all unless U click around, thats stupid stupid stupid....
a) it is a collapsed window mini player, just as before

b) it's not extra

c) it shows the artist, song name, album art, and an option to expand and see the entire playlist, what more do you want? the old mini player had no info at all like this
Lvivske is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:58 AM   #97
gassjack
macrumors newbie

Utter gash. Terrifyingly slow and uuuuuuuuuugly!!! Does not look like a Mac prog. Shaming.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:35 AM   #98
Nam Pla
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBerkman View Post
Try 'Option' > 'Command' > (letter) M. Minimizes the window to the mini player and back again with that same key combo.

I did notice though that while listening to a radio stream, then minimizing to the mini player, the mini player would show the same song title that was playing at the time I minimized it even after the song changed. When I maximized the window (where it did show the actual song playing) then minimized it again, it would show the correct song, but keep showing it even though the song had since changed. Don't know if that's a bug or what.

I have to say, after spending relatively minimal time with iT 11 so far, that it's not as bad as I had feared. Especially after reading some comments about it online at various sources. There's a few changes that bug me, i.e. losing the 'Show Duplicates' option, but most of them I'll get used to eventually. And it seems a bit faster to me, at least for some things.

I may change my opinion though after spending more time with it...
Nam Pla is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:22 AM   #99
urkel
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by natd1993 View Post

Oh Apple, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
But it was broke. The problem is that they didn't "fix" the things people had problems with and removed the parts that some people liked.
urkel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:47 AM   #100
Eithanius
macrumors 6502a

Is is just me or is Apple standardising iTunes 11's Shuffle and Repeat play mode across all playlists and albums...?

I have playlists that I enjoy Shuffling, and I also have playlists that comes with gapless tracks. Imagine you're enjoying continuous music only to be interrupted by a sudden track flow change. And I hate toggling these functions every time I switch playlists.

Apple please bring back individual Shuffle/Repeat functions on individual playlists/albums...

Addendum:
It seems like Apple's feedback page for iTunes does not contain a pull-down option for iTunes 11. What gives...?

Last edited by Eithanius; Dec 2, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Eithanius is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store