Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:15 PM   #1
cflem
macrumors member

iTunes 11: What no Podcasts sync?

Or am I missing this - what a missed opportunity to do this.

was a big deal to keep all iOS Podcasts apps synced - and with all the iCloud built into iT11, we couldn't do that?

seems strange - maybe I'm missing a check box somewhere?

lemme know!
cflem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:43 PM   #2
scionwest
macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 was supposed to address this issue, however I can't find it either. The iTunes 11 page on Apple's website even touts this is a iCloud feature. I'm just not sure how to get it working.
scionwest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:50 PM   #3
wcdamsch
macrumors member

Enable in preferences.
wcdamsch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:52 PM   #4
cflem
macrumors member

Where exactly? And all my podcasts from my ipad will sync in?
cflem is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:54 PM   #5
wcdamsch
macrumors member

Under general, not sure if you have to resubscribe or at minimum sync a device?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Scott549
macrumors regular

If you connect your device you can set the options for syncing podcasts.

However, there is one big problem, unless I'm missing something. Playlists are in the music option, so you can't make playlists that include podcasts. I make a playlist for my car that includes only podcasts. That's how the iPod interface in my car works. It has to be a playlist. If there is a workaround for this that someone has figured out, please post it.
Scott549 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:18 PM   #7
wcdamsch
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott549 View Post
If you connect your device you can set the options for syncing podcasts.

However, there is one big problem, unless I'm missing something. Playlists are in the music option, so you can't make playlists that include podcasts. I make a playlist for my car that includes only podcasts. That's how the iPod interface in my car works. It has to be a playlist. If there is a workaround for this that someone has figured out, please post it.
If you ctrl click on the podcast you can add it to any playlist or create a new one. That what your looking for?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:32 PM   #8
cflem
macrumors member

I think you guys are missing my point...

I am talking about automatic iCloud syncing of all my podcasts like on iOS..

If i add a podcast to my iphone - it shows up automatically on my ipad - and vice-versa...

they are always in sync automatically via icloud in the Podcasts app.
cflem is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:13 PM   #9
wcdamsch
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflem View Post
I am talking about automatic iCloud syncing of all my podcasts like on iOS..

If i add a podcast to my iphone - it shows up automatically on my ipad - and vice-versa...

they are always in sync automatically via icloud in the Podcasts app.
I have never had much luck with the auto-download and syncing Podcasts between IOS devices. Seems to me you actually have to open the podcast app to make that happen. I usually just listen on my Iphone so I dont worry about the Ipad. In my opinion the Podcast app needs some more work in IOS. It's a little wonky the way it still shows the podcast downloading in IOS Itunes before it shows up in the podcast app.

I agree the world would be a better place if you could just subscribe and all your mobile devices and macs/PC's running Itunes 11 were magically synced!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:44 PM   #10
cflem
macrumors member

on iOS devices they do - you should check it out...

pretty neat - and a missed opportunity here.
cflem is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:47 PM   #11
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Subscriptions won't sync, but playtime does. It's designed to start it on one device and pick it up within iTunes or vice versa.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:55 PM   #12
BFG86
macrumors regular

The play times do sync not sure if I added a podcast in itunes would it show up in the app or not.

Not adding continuous play for podcasts was surprising since that's how it works in the app. Think it's silly we still have to create a playlist for podcasts Also the individual podcast sort order the app has would be nice too
BFG86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:24 PM   #13
Scott549
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdamsch View Post
If you ctrl click on the podcast you can add it to any playlist or create a new one. That what your looking for?
Yes! Thanks. I used to just drag them to the playlist but the playlists are not displayed on the same screen as the podcasts with the new format. The other issue I was having was that the podcast playlist was not showing up in my playlists available to sync to the iPod, but now it is.
Scott549 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store