Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPersian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??

jacksea

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
same problem on Lacie 2Big Nas iTunes 11 and shared library

Hi,
i've got same problem on my Lacie 2Big Nas. With provisos iTunes 10 there was no problem. :(
I opened a ticket at Lacie support site so now i'm waiting for Lacie assistance... :eek:

roblawton

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2007
Preston, UK
Can you try opening a finder window and going to the disk there... In a way 'waking up' the NAS...

Then go to iTunes and load the music...

LaCieTech

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
I had set up a music folder on my NAS (Lacie network space 2), after the itunes 11 update itunes won load up the music folder. it recognizes the shared folder on the nas but clicking on the button to make it load wont work anymore.

any suggestions or people who have problems with the NAs setup??

Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at http://www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie

iPersian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi,

If things were working before the software update and then not after an update, it's not likely a NAS issue. The only thing that's changed is iTunes, not your NAS.

Its likely that this can be resolved by re-indexing the DLNA service and rebooting it however since iTunes is likely just not prepared to detect it. If Apple is not able to help you, we can try some troubleshooting here to confirm the disk is working normally. Please call us at 503-844-4500 or send us a ticket at http://www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie

is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.

LaCieTech

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
is there any chance tht data might get lost by doing a rescan? im afraid that soemthing may go wrong and sicne I cant do a back up before doing a rescan. im afraid to do anything since ive got very important stuff on the drive that i cant simply loose.

Hi,

The re-indexing refers to the DLNA service Twonky rebuilding its database. Your data is not changed or even accessed at all. Our Tech staff can help you through the process if you contact us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.