Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:15 PM   #76
GR33NIE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Is there a way to sort the new album view by the date an album was added onto itunes?
Doesn't look like it been trying to do that myself
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:15 PM   #77
WardC
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to WardC
And for all those singles in my iTunes library found *elsewhere* that do not have cover art....doh.

I mean like Beatport and CDR Rips, etc...

Thinking about Apple...
WardC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:15 PM   #78
Ellmer
macrumors newbie

Cover flow is all I've used, nay, depended on since it was introduced to iTunes. So I will be among those willingly not updating.
Ellmer is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:15 PM   #79
Mr. Gates
macrumors 68020

Dammit ! I want the coverflow back.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:16 PM   #80
ronm99
macrumors regular

No more support for multiple displays

I like the new iTunes except for its lack of support for multiple displays (one more thing that changed).

The iTunes store and my iTunes library are two different things to me, and they are actually 5 different apps on iOS ... iTunes, Apps, Music, Videos, and iBooks (bookstore).

In previous versions of iTunes I would put my Library on one display and the store on another display. With iTunes 11 I now need to toggle back and forth in a single window. This is a big disadvantage for me.

I actually wish that Apple would break up the App on OSX the way it is broken up in iOS.

I also get tired of the search results searching across all media. When I'm searching for an App, I don't want to see results in music, podcasts, etc. I always know what media type I want to search ... let me search for that alone.
ronm99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:17 PM   #81
wilhoitm
macrumors 6502

Anyone notice any influences from Jony Ive?

Anyone notice any influences from Jony Ive?

I hope Ive put in an iTunes 11 Easter Egg to hint at what's to come!

Marcus
wilhoitm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:18 PM   #82
Small White Car
macrumors G4

For the most part, they made things better. iTunes remains great for music and now app management seems to have been cleaned up too.

But I am befuddled by Apple's complete inability to make video browsing even halfway as nice as music browsing. This has always been iTunes weakness and there's pretty much zero improvement here. Before I thought they didn't care, now I see they just don't understand.

Some samples:

1) In the 'Movies' tab in the iPhone view there is still no way to view this in any way other than 'large icons in alphabetical order.' Credit, I guess, to them for making the icons smaller, but that doesn't change the fact that this lack of options is really un-friendly.

2) In the iPhone's 'TV Shows' if you have to scroll down to find a show then you have to scroll way back UP to find the episodes. Scrolling down the shows doesn't move the window...it's moves the page. This kind of thing really makes me think they didn't ever try iTunes with more than a few files imported. Really?

3) Stuff is HUGE FOR NO REASON. I have a 24" monitor. When I open a show with 13 episodes I can't see them all on my screen. I have to scroll down! In what world is a 24" screen not large enough to show 13 items on a list?

4) You can make playlists for music or playlists for videos, but only the 'Music' section has a 'Playlists' tab. Movies doesn't. So you can find yourself having to go to 'Music' to watch a movie.

...and the point of this update was to make it easier to understand?

5) They added a 'Home Movies' section. Ok, great! Now I don't have to list them as TV shows with the year as the 'season' any more!

...except, oh...there's really no way to organize them except to have them in one super long list. I can't make folders or seasons or bins or (whatever you want to call it). Just like with so many other video things in iTunes: "Here, don't worry about organizing them...it's not like it's music or anything important like that!"

Guess I'll keep listing them as TV shows. So why add a new feature that is worse than the other feature that already existed? Probably because, once again, they only tested iTunes with 10 videos in it.

The bottom line: iTunes remains great for music, is still awful for people with more than 20 video files.
Small White Car is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:22 PM   #83
labars
macrumors member

People are actually complaining about the removal of Coverflow? I though no one used that... I've never found a reason to use it.
labars is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:22 PM   #84
manu chao
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus View Post
The expanded view is wonderful in theory. But you can't change the columns, so you can't see the iTunes Match status of the songs and you can't get the checkbox column so no way to uncheck that annoying video that you don't want added to Up Next when you add the album.

No sorting in the iTunes store, so the > 80% of the time when you know what album you want, you can't find it becuase things are sorted by the useless popularity with no way to change to sort by name or release date.
Well, as always, there are some nice views for people with maybe 100 albums. But those who have much more and thus much more edge cases, will always go back to the list view.
manu chao is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #85
greenbreadmmm
macrumors regular

Expanded view for Artist view?

I love expanded view and how it drops down from the albums, but I have too many albums for it to make sense to organize by album. Is there anyway to have artists view (with the artists listed on the left) and then have albums (with expanded view) on the right? or is it only text lists?

Thanks
greenbreadmmm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #86
FooMan2011
macrumors member

Syncing your iphone for music is harder than ever you can't simply drag what you want on to your phone. You have to now do it through the sync menu. Suck!
FooMan2011 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #87
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

also why NOT keep the Column Browser on Albums and Artist View

Thumb resize.

just in Songs!

if you select in Songs an album by Column Browser, and change the view to Albums you lost your pick...

all that is so bad for organization...

Last edited by OllyW; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Changed tags on oversized image from IMG to TIMG
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:23 PM   #88
Omacc
macrumors member

cover flow is wack bruh.. useless . please take it out ios
Omacc is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:24 PM   #89
sputnikv
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbilical View Post
maybe I miss coverflow BUT seriously:

1. SONGS VIEW: where's the "artwork" ???
I have thousands of albums and now all looks list a lonnnnnnng list! with no separation!

2. ALBUMS VIEW: where's "groups albums by artist" ???
again I have thousands of albums and now all looks list a lonnnnnnng list! with no separation by artist

3. BLACK background option on Album, Artist, ang Genre Views ???

1: No Artwork, No separation, thousand of albums mixed!

2. No "groups albums by artist", mixed albums!
thousands of albums? it says you have 29
sputnikv is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:25 PM   #90
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMan2011 View Post
Syncing your iphone for music is harder than ever you can't simply drag what you want on to your phone. You have to now do it through the sync menu. Suck!
If you start dragging a song, a sidebar will pop out from the right and show your devices and playlists.
Reaktor5 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:25 PM   #91
pooryou
macrumors 65816

I need to see the album artwork in the lower left corner.
pooryou is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:26 PM   #92
Reaktor5
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooryou View Post
I was the same way, I had that little menu popped up all the time. At least it's in the main LCD part of iTunes.
Reaktor5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:26 PM   #93
boldac
macrumors newbie

Fixes for common complaints about iTunes 11

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1498910
boldac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:27 PM   #94
msephton
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by honus View Post
No sorting in the iTunes store
Switching on column browser whilst viewing the store should give you it, but it doesn't inherit the search terms.
msephton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:29 PM   #95
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikv View Post
thousands of albums? it says you have 29
lol, is just a test, I delete my entire library... for add again the albums I have around 3000 albums on ALAC ripped from CDs, and many more web downloads.

now is a desmess when you choose the SONGS view, you see a BIG LIST like if all are just ONE album! we need see the cover art in THE LEFT! for have some separation between albums and choose easy, now I need see all so slowly for detect where start the album that I want hear etc...
umbilical is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:29 PM   #96
huntercr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo7 View Post
Will all the ghost tracks on my iphone finally go away? ?? Greyed out tracks that wont play or get deleted with this bloated piece of software.
You do realize you can just right click on those and delete them, right?
It's no great mystery unless I'm misunderstanding your situation.
huntercr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:30 PM   #97
nslyax
macrumors regular

All in all I am happy with it, but for some reason it didn't recognize any of my purchased songs and tried to get me to download them again (creating duplicates). Turning off "Show songs in the cloud" got rid of them, but still odd.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:30 PM   #98
darster
macrumors 68000

Thanks Apple! They finally updated that dog. Gawd, those older version were just horrible. Finally getting into the 21st century.
darster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:30 PM   #99
Radio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
No Coverflow? No thanks, I'll stick with iTunes 10 then.
Lol it's useless
Radio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:32 PM   #100
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooryou View Post
YEAH!! 1+++ that is! I need see a separation between albums

and on album view, the option of "group albums by artist" like this:

common de the devs of apple use spotify or something like that???
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion