Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:15 PM   #76
OGmaC
Banned

WARNING: iTunes 11 is still BETA. We are once again unpaid beta testers for dwindling quality control. When will Cook be *****canned? With Jobs gone I fear it is the beginning of the end.
OGmaC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:50 PM   #77
Bawtyshouse
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
This must have been some kind of add-on you had installed in Firefox as that doesn't work natively. It probably broke when iTunes was updated.
thank you for the info

any advice on how to fix?
Bawtyshouse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 07:35 AM   #78
zhenya
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawtyshouse View Post
thank you for the info

any advice on how to fix?
If it was an Amazon mp3 add-on, see if they have updated.
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 09:19 AM   #79
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by farleysmaster View Post
Anyone else having the issue of apps not syncing off of their iDevices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishIWasHere View Post
Yep, downloaded an app on my 4S last night and it wouldn't sync to iTunes on the computer. I had to go into iTunes and select File/Devices/Transfer Purchases, despite the fact I've got "Automatically sync new apps" turned on. Hope this gets fixed soon, kind of a pain.
This appears to be how Apple has designed iTunes 11 to work.

Another "workaround" is to do a Manual Backup to the computer - that also triggers an App sync.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:00 AM   #80
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
This appears to be how Apple has designed iTunes 11 to work.

Another "workaround" is to do a Manual Backup to the computer - that also triggers an App sync.
What makes you think that? It seems ridiculous to change the behaviour.
farleysmaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:23 AM   #81
Daveoc64
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by farleysmaster View Post
What makes you think that? It seems ridiculous to change the behaviour.
It looks like they want people to install things from the Cloud.

The shift away from iTunes is quite clear.
Windows 8.1 | iCloud, Dropbox, Spotify Premium
Daveoc64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:18 PM   #82
itkindaworks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejg View Post
Anyone know how to search the music library on the connected devices in iTunes 11? In iTunes 10 if I was viewing, say my iPhone music library I could search for song in the iPhone's library. iTunes 11 either cannot do this or it is not readily apparent.

Thank you.
This! Why would they eliminate this feature?
itkindaworks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:46 PM   #83
Akwaaba
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itkindaworks View Post
This! Why would they eliminate this feature?
Why would they delete the ability to view and export playlists in shuffled order? Cover Flow? Album Art area? Display Duplicates? Would such a shoddy iTunes update have been released if Steve Jobs were still at the helm? It seems to me that Apple is rapidly becoming the new Microsoft. Release it now and fix it later. Or not.
Akwaaba is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:52 PM   #84
itkindaworks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akwaaba View Post
Why would they delete the ability to view and export playlists in shuffled order? Cover Flow? Album Art area? Display Duplicates? Would such a shoddy iTunes update have been released if Steve Jobs were still at the helm? It seems to me that Apple is rapidly becoming the new Microsoft. Release it now and fix it later. Or not.
Agreed.
itkindaworks is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:15 AM   #85
zen
macrumors 65816

I have "Show iTunes in the Cloud" unchecked, but periodically when I launch iTunes it'll reset itself and suddenly my library is full of Cloud purchases. So I uncheck the box again, and it works for a while... and then it resets.

Anyone else have this issue?
zen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:19 AM   #86
Loge
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen View Post
I have "Show iTunes in the Cloud" unchecked, but periodically when I launch iTunes it'll reset itself and suddenly my library is full of Cloud purchases. So I uncheck the box again, and it works for a while... and then it resets.

Anyone else have this issue?
Yes, it is annoying. Hopefully one of the things they'll fix in the forthcoming update.
Loge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:57 AM   #87
artypeguy
macrumors newbie

finding playlist on ipod in itunes 11

Can someone please tell me how to access the playlists on my ipod in iTunes 11. In the previous version when the ipod was connected it was in the left hand column. Now not so much. I am very frustrated right now. If there is not a way can someone please tell me how to go back to the old version.
Thanks
Dave
artypeguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:00 AM   #88
paulsalter
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to paulsalter Send a message via AIM to paulsalter Send a message via MSN to paulsalter Send a message via Yahoo to paulsalter
Click on your iPod at the top right of the screen

Alternatively, View -> Show SideBar and then click on it at the left
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:06 PM   #89
Comet5o4
macrumors member

Every time I switch between, lets say, my music tab and iTunes store and then go back to my music tab, it always resets to the beginning or A's and I have to find what I was listening to again... Maybe it's me but this is frustrating! I've tried turning off Search Entire Library, but that doesn't work. Any other ideas?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 PM   #90
OGmaC
Banned

issues and fixes worse than for BETA release, inept users notwithstanding.
OGmaC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:23 PM   #91
OGmaC
Banned

apple is too busy shrinking iGadgets and margins to bother beta testing core software. better to go on teevee and assure everyone that things are great rather than SHOWING HOW GREAT things are.

scary times.
OGmaC is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:41 PM   #92
andy.barron
macrumors 6502

It needs one of the Apple employees to leave, start up his own business in competition & then Apple further down the line will bring him back to fix the fast spinning spiaral of mess it keeps creating.

just a thought.....
andy.barron is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:04 PM   #93
OGmaC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.barron View Post
It needs one of the Apple employees to leave, start up his own business in competition & then Apple further down the line will bring him back to fix the fast spinning spiaral of mess it keeps creating.

just a thought.....
whatever it takes to get TC out and QC back in!
OGmaC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:47 AM   #94
bat717
macrumors regular

I am probably just an idiot, but can anyone tell me how to STOP iTunes 11 automatically downloading app purchases? I've just updated iTunes on my old MBP, which I no longer use for syncing devices, so I have no need to have the apps on here. I have already deselected "sync apps" and "check for new purchases automatically", but it seems to have no effect and it goes ahead and downloads them anyway! My MBP is slow enough already, without iTunes downloading stuff I don't need!

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:04 AM   #95
psg2000
macrumors member

itunes 11 update restores duplicates
psg2000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:24 AM   #96
ItWasNotMe
macrumors regular

iTunes 11.0.1 still has global setting for shuffle rather than by playlist etc. Way beyond poor...
ItWasNotMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:10 AM   #97
Akwaaba
macrumors newbie

I give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasNotMe View Post
iTunes 11.0.1 still has global setting for shuffle rather than by playlist etc. Way beyond poor...
I give up. Does anyone know of a good mac alternative to iTunes?
Akwaaba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:12 AM   #98
IzzyJG99
macrumors 6502

Not sure if anyone else has this problem or fixed it yet.

I was having issue where incoming connections kept asking for permission in iTunes 11.0. Happened whenever I had my iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi to sync. I found that the bug is created, at least for me, by update 10.6.3. to iTunes 11. So last night on a whim I decided to update to 10.7, restart and then download 11.0.1. Fixed the issue. So might help some people out there.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:40 AM   #99
PinkyMacGodess
macrumors 68020

My issue is that I ripped three cd's into iTunes 11, and they do not show up in 'Music', and do not show up in 'Songs' either, yet when I stick the CD into the drive, iTunes asks if I want to Replace the tracks.

The cd's are there, somewhere, but I can't for the life of me even come close to finding out where.

I'm at 'The Cube(TM)' in Manhattan, and no one there has any information, nor has heard of this happening before. The cute tech I talked too said that she secretly hates iTunes 11 too, and was wondering if this could be some kind of bizarre copy protection scheme from the labels that produced the discs.

The idea that the tracks are there is unquestionable, but where the heck is the music I ripped. This is just kinda not a good feeling... If this is copy protection, someone needs to break this soon...

iTunes 11 'dislikers', you are not alone...

The cd's that I ripped were Tre! from Green Day, and the Allman Brothers Stand Back dual CD set...

Last edited by PinkyMacGodess; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
PinkyMacGodess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:03 PM   #100
paulsalter
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to paulsalter Send a message via AIM to paulsalter Send a message via MSN to paulsalter Send a message via Yahoo to paulsalter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyMacGodess View Post
My issue is that I ripped three cd's into iTunes 11, and they do not show up in 'Music', and do not show up in 'Songs' either, yet when I stick the CD into the drive, iTunes asks if I want to Replace the tracks.

The cd's are there, somewhere, but I can't for the life of me even come close to finding out where.

I'm at 'The Cube(TM)' in Manhattan, and no one there has any information, nor has heard of this happening before. The cute tech I talked too said that she secretly hates iTunes 11 too, and was wondering if this could be some kind of bizarre copy protection scheme from the labels that produced the discs.

The idea that the tracks are there is unquestionable, but where the heck is the music I ripped. This is just kinda not a good feeling... If this is copy protection, someone needs to break this soon...

iTunes 11 'dislikers', you are not alone...

The cd's that I ripped were Tre! from Green Day, and the Allman Brothers Stand Back dual CD set...
I have heard of songs not appearing but not experienced it

Do they show up in the 'Recently Added' Playlist?

If they do, try a restart of itunes or a wait for X amount of time and restart iTunes (I have heard of them appearing after an amount of time ranging upto the next day)

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
howto, itunes 11, tutorials