Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:29 AM   #1
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

Apple Mail - Assign favorite folders

One thing I like about Microsoft Outlook is the ability to mark frequently used mail folders as favorites so that they can be easily accessed at the top of the folders list.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/ou...010354953.aspx

Unless I am missing something this can't be done in Mail. Am I missing something?

If not, can anyone recommend an alternative email client that can do this?

Of course, I could use Outlook for Mac, and I don't rule this out. However, I do prefer the OS X way of having separate clients for mail, address book, calendar, and reminders. Is there another dedicated email client worth considering that does have a favorite folders feature and uses the OS X address book rather than its own address book?

Also, must support MS Exchange, must support conversation views, and must support flagging/starring messages.
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 04:39 AM   #2
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

To follow up.....just realised the alternative email client does not necessarily need Exchange support itself. IMAP support would be sufficient. Actually only really need exchange for contacts, calendars, tasks which is supported by OS X.
ozaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozaz View Post
One thing I like about Microsoft Outlook is the ability to mark frequently used mail folders as favorites so that they can be easily accessed at the top of the folders list.
There is a similar way to do this in Mail. Go to the View menu and click Show Favorites Bar. Now drag any folder you want up into the favorites bar like I did with "Saved Mail" in my screenshot. You can create as many folders as you want and drag them up there.

Click Hide (to left of my screen) to hide the mailbox list, the you can just click the folder you want from the favorites bar to open that folder.

Weaselboy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:15 AM   #4
ozaz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
There is a similar way to do this in Mail
Excellent! Thanks.
ozaz is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store