Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPod touch

Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:25 PM   #1
redryder
macrumors member

How to migrate iPod to a different iTunes account?

My daughter's iPod is backed up on her own account on my iMac. I wish to do a fresh install on the iMac and want to delete her account as well as she no longer uses it except to back up the iPod. Is it possible to back up her iPod on my iTunes account instead?

I guess I could wipe her iPod and reload the music manually, but that would also remove her app/game saves.

Last edited by redryder; Feb 21, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
redryder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:11 AM   #2
LMC91
macrumors newbie

Using your iTunes account, you might be able to use family sharing, that might allow her old app purchases to work under your iTunes account, but I would look into that, because I'm not sure how it works myself, and could be wrong.

Edit: Sorry, the above stuff doesn't answer your question. You might able to backup using the one account on the one computer, or you might have to log in with her account, but I don't see no reason why you couldn't have two backups on the one computer for each device.

For the actual app/game saves, I've used iFunBox to extract the save files to my computer, I think you can download it for both Mac and PC. You then just copy them back into your iPod.

http://www.148apps.com/news/backup-g...estore-device/

Last edited by LMC91; Feb 23, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
LMC91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:17 PM   #3
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

You can export the iTunes backup of her iPod. Then do the fresh install. Next, import the backup into iTunes (before you connect the iPod). Then it will be like you never "deleted" her data.

Last edited by Pharmscott; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Parenthesis gone missing.
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch > iPod touch