Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mach1andy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Los Angeles
Waited a long time for an iPad mini to surface. I pre-ordered it and when it arrived, I typed in credit card info for the Verizon data plan and (for some odd reason) it didn't like my credit card.

Called in, they suggested I enter a new card... did that. Still said "pending" after 24 hours. Seeing as there weren't too many choices in the menu, I clicked "Cancel Account" - thought that would start me over from scratch. It didn't

It made the SIM card null and void. Verizon Phone support suggested I go to a Verizon store. Did that too but they wanted to charge me $36 activation fee. No thanks (although I probably should have for convenience sake)

Called Verizon again, they suggested I ask RadioShack for a SIM card. Great. They don't have micro SIM cards.

Called Verizon & now Apple back. Nobody has a solution besides returning the whole IPAD!

Question for us is, is there a way to reset the SIM? Has the scenario played out for other members? I think I'm above the 5 hour mark for trying to get this mini a data connection. Thanks in advance.

-Andy

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Thanks. This might be a viable method. I'm opposed to paying though for something that is part of a broken system.

You are welcome. Let us know how it goes.

At least with an AT&T iPad they can reactivate the SIM without having to get a new SIM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.