Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:09 AM   #1
hello12
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Should I use a screen protector on iphone 5?

Just purchased my iphone 5 unlocked version. I am switching from android because I hate it and I like apple and iphones.
On my old android, I noticed a few scratches on the screen, and I don't know where they came from. Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?
hello12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:12 AM   #2
wc17
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello12 View Post
Just purchased my iphone 5 unlocked version. I am switching from android because I hate it and I like apple and iphones.
On my old android, I noticed a few scratches on the screen, and I don't know where they came from. Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?
Will you stress over small scratches on your screen? If so, get a screen protector...

I don't see any reason to NOT have one....spigen makes great ones that you can barely tell are on the phone.
wc17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:14 AM   #3
hello12
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc17 View Post
Will you stress over small scratches on your screen? If so, get a screen protector...

I don't see any reason to NOT have one....spigen makes great ones that you can barely tell are on the phone.
Thank you. When screen protectors come off they don't damage the phone in any way, right?
hello12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:31 AM   #4
takeshi74
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello12 View Post
Should I use a screen protector on my iphone 5 or is it not necessary?
Subjective matter just as it is with any other device. Screen protectors are a very common topic here. Try looking in the Accessories subforum. There are plenty of threads you can refer to for opinions if that's what you're after but it's really your call to make in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello12 View Post
Thank you. When screen protectors come off they don't damage the phone in any way, right?
Can't speak for every single screen protector out there but, in general, no.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:01 AM   #5
aznboi91
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello12 View Post
Thank you. When screen protectors come off they don't damage the phone in any way, right?
get tech armor hd. works beautifully

protect your investments
aznboi91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:06 AM   #6
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi74 View Post
Subjective matter just as it is with any other device. Screen protectors are a very common topic here. Try looking in the Accessories subforum. There are plenty of threads you can refer to for opinions if that's what you're after but it's really your call to make in the end.
Agreed. I don't use them as I am pretty careful on how I treat my phone.
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Grayburn
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London/Essex, UK
Never had one on my 4, 4S or my 5. Really have tried to get one on perfect on every device but it nevers ends well so i've just gone without one.

I look after all my devices very well and none have had/got any scratches or have i ever smashed a screen.
__________________
iPhne 5S 64GB
Grayburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:49 AM   #8
tgif1386
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
screen protector

I used it on my daughter's 5. Now a day, teenagers not too careful with the high tech stuff.
tgif1386 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
I have one just incase.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mime Feather Glass Screen Protector vs iLoome Screenmate Flex Glass Screen Protector RafixPhoenix iPhone Accessories 35 Jan 20, 2014 06:14 PM
Decals ? Screen protector that only cover screen iPhone 5 ? narutoninjakid iPhone Accessories 2 Oct 9, 2013 11:48 AM
iPhone 5 is the screen protector that comes with it is as DBZmusicboy01 iPhone 7 Oct 6, 2012 10:35 PM
Which is the best Screen Protector & Palm Rest Protector to buy? Macaroooon MacBook Pro 3 Sep 20, 2012 12:44 PM
Best screen protector for iPhone 4s hunterheath33 iPhone 12 Aug 31, 2012 10:42 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC