sou1 so1di3r
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to sou1 so1di3r
LOL u blind bro?
sou1 so1di3r is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:00 PM   #52
i7QuadCoreMania
macrumors 6502

I've had the original iphone, and lots of androids, nexus S, galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, and now iPhone 5.

I love the clarity of the retina but still feels that it's too small as well.

The resolution is great, I can still see pages in portrait mode, but fk the words and buttons are too tiny to press without having to pinch and pull them.

My other pet peeve is the fkn aspect ratio will give black bars no matter what type of video you play, which makes it less ideal for videos or youtube, oh yeah let me tell you about the youtube app, it's fkn ridiculous, the videos will go all blurry even if the bandwidth is good...
MBA SuperDrive universal modded
i7QuadCoreMania is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:08 PM   #53
applefanDrew
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by i7QuadCoreMania View Post
I've had the original iphone, and lots of androids, nexus S, galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, and now iPhone 5.

The resolution is great, I can still see pages in portrait mode, but fk the words and buttons are too tiny to press without having to pinch and pull them.

My other pet peeve is the fkn aspect ratio will give black bars no matter what type of video you play, which makes it less ideal for videos or youtube, oh yeah let me tell you about the youtube app, it's fkn ridiculous, the videos will go all blurry even if the bandwidth is good...
iPhone 5 is 16:9. All 16:9 video is full screen.
applefanDrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:37 PM   #54
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
yes, and I am larger than average.

Unless you are an NBA player, you are still using two hands many times.
I am 5'9" with medium sized hands and I can still use it with one hand even with a large otterbox case. Maybe you are using it with two due to preference not because you can't do one hand. For example I can type with one hand if I want but I use two since it is much faster. I have no problem reaching anywhere on my iPhone 5 with one hand if I have too

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by i7QuadCoreMania View Post

Then call google and tell them to update YouTube for the iPhone 5. That issue is with the developer not Apple.
Prime85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:38 PM   #55
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
Passbook, you cannot live without passbook?
whats passbook???

i kid. i kid.
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:39 PM   #56
VandyChem2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
whats passbook???

i kid. i kid.
Frankly, passbook is one of my reasons for living.
VandyChem2009 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:40 PM   #57
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyChem2009 View Post

i live for itunes ping.
passbook is just the icing on top
BFizzzle is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:41 PM   #58
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
That makes no sense, if you are leaving the iPhone because of an app you don't like and won't use then you really shouldn't go to an android phone because that bloat ware is ridiculous!
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:42 PM   #59
VandyChem2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime85 View Post
That makes no sense, if you are leaving the iPhone because of an app you don't like and won't use then you really shouldn't go to an android phone because that bloat ware is ridiculous!
......Please read my post again.

smh
VandyChem2009 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:51 PM   #60
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

iPhone Nano me please.
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:31 PM   #61
Damolee
macrumors regular

Yeah, same.

I want a crappy little 3.5" screen that makes your lovely photos look tiny and my videos to look out of sorts.

Why on earth would I want the extra screen size to make web browsing beautiful and videos to run in their native 16:9 format.

Bad move Apple, bad move.
Damolee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:36 PM   #62
raf66
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/
I agree with what a couple others have said on this point. Neither the iP5 nor ANY phone on the market is designed for long-term web browsing. Heck I've got a 15" laptop that isn't the best at long-term web browsing - or reviewing documents, records, etc. (thank aging for that).

Surely you don't actually believe that jumping up to a 4.5-4.8" screen will be the cure-all for this issue. There's a reason that iPads and tablets are selling like hotcakes. They are better suited for web browsing but would make horrible phones. I mean, have we forgotten that these are PHONES?! I enjoy occasionally surfing the web and doing stuff OTHER than making calls on my iP5, but it is, after all, a device designed to make/receive phone calls. We have other items that serve a web browsing purpose. Even if you insist on using your phone for all your personal computing needs, I dare say you'd have a hard time finding one that WOULDN'T hurt your eyes with prolonged exposure to small print on a small, backlit screen.

You can also pinch to zoom.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:46 PM   #63
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf66 View Post
I agree with what a couple others have said on this point. Neither the iP5 nor ANY phone on the market is designed for long-term web browsing. Heck I've got a 15" laptop that isn't the best at long-term web browsing - or reviewing documents, records, etc. (thank aging for that).

Surely you don't actually believe that jumping up to a 4.5-4.8" screen will be the cure-all for this issue. There's a reason that iPads and tablets are selling like hotcakes. They are better suited for web browsing but would make horrible phones. I mean, have we forgotten that these are PHONES?! I enjoy occasionally surfing the web and doing stuff OTHER than making calls on my iP5, but it is, after all, a device designed to make/receive phone calls. We have other items that serve a web browsing purpose. Even if you insist on using your phone for all your personal computing needs, I dare say you'd have a hard time finding one that WOULDN'T hurt your eyes with prolonged exposure to small print on a small, backlit screen.

You can also pinch to zoom.
Well said!
Prime85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:55 PM   #64
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
To be clear, aren't you one of the reasons for Passbook living? Regardless, I find the whole thing a bit ridiculous, just because I have a 42" TV in my living room it doesn't make the 32" one in my bedroom unwatchable, it's just adjusting between two things. Once you've watched a movie on an iMax is that the only screen you can ever watch a movie on again? Clearly not...
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:32 PM   #65
nfl46
macrumors 601

I still think 4" is too small. When I had my 4.65" Nexus, I thought the screen size was nice. The S3 4.8" doesn't even seem as big in person as people make it out to be...maybe because the phone is thin. But, I'm still hoping for a larger screen iPhone. Maybe in 2014.
nfl46 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:02 PM   #66
Steevie
Banned

Dude its not that bad. Im just glad its larger then before. Of course bigger would be better but Im thankful for even this incrememntal upgrade
Steevie is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:09 PM   #67
coolhands
macrumors regular

I see absolutely zero reason for this thread...You don't like the screen size...okay?? Thanks for telling us??
coolhands is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:28 PM   #68
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhands View Post
I see absolutely zero reason for this thread...You don't like the screen size...okay?? Thanks for telling us??
but we have to tell the world. Wehave to spread the message. OP doesnt like the screen size. WE HAVE TO TELL THE WORLD!!!!!
peeaanuut is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:33 PM   #69
vaio1990
Banned

Used to have S3, but the phone is very sluggish and switched to iphone 5.... Im starting to notice that the screen is too small as well
vaio1990 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:38 PM   #70
i7QuadCoreMania
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevie View Post
Dude its not that bad. Im just glad its larger then before. Of course bigger would be better but Im thankful for even this incrememntal upgrade
why we have to be thankful, if it's not a significant upgrade then you don't have to buy...

honestly coming from android I had my qualms about going back to a miniscule screen (today's standards at least for android)

It's good enough for now, but I do hope they make it a bigger again either with the 5S or 6.

The screen on my Galaxy Note was gorgeous but the damn phone was just too big to carry around conveniently...

I'd love something bigger but not Galaxy Note big...

I may have to go back to android next round when the next gen of phones come out and see...
MBA SuperDrive universal modded
i7QuadCoreMania is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:39 PM   #71
Prime85
macrumors 6502a

Since when has the measurement about how good a phone is, has become the screen size?

If you don't like it then there are plenty of alternatives out there.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:01 PM   #72
SeanR1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
but we have to tell the world. Wehave to spread the message. OP doesnt like the screen size. WE HAVE TO TELL THE WORLD!!!!!
That could be said about 90% of the threads on this forum.
SeanR1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:07 PM   #73
peeaanuut
Banned

Send a message via AIM to peeaanuut
its sad that form almost always takes precendence on peoples purchasing opinions. I have an iPhone because I like the way it works. Smaller screen, bigger screen, etc thats an aside. I like the function of the device. Its why I dont have an android, I simply dont like the user experience. Does that make android bad? No, it just makes it not for me. I wish people saw the iDevices that way. So you dont like the size, thats fine, your opinion isnt everyones opinion. Dont like the screen on the new iPad mini? So what, others do. neither device will fail because of its screen size.
peeaanuut is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:39 PM   #74
BiggAW
macrumors 68020

You've got it totally backwards. I want to switch to Android, but on AT&T there are no reasonably sized Android phones. They are all freaking ENORMOUS. Verizon has the DROID RAZR M.
SGS III, White VeriPad 3 32GB 7.0.4 JB'ed
BiggAW is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 PM   #75
ToddH
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/
Get an iPad with cellular service or get glasses to magnify the iPhone. The flesh is never satisfied!!!
ToddH is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone