Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Small iPhone screen. Have you had an S3 before this or something? It's bigger than any of it's predecessors.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

Have you tried Android since gingerbread? It hardly sucks and seems to be a viable option for you to consider given your complaint.

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
The iPhone is designed to be used with one hand. Bigger phones are not. That's the difference. If you're fine with using your phone with two hands from time to time, then the iPhone isn't for you, and you can get a larger phone.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
cant live without these apps.......
- facetime
- imessage
- goodreader
- CBC TV
- puffin
- CNBC RT
- my university school app
- podcast
- passbook
- KTdict Chinese-English
- Viki (Android has it, but so buggy)

Last edited by a moderator:

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon

Your eyes must be sensitive.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
The iPhone is designed to be used with one hand. Bigger phones are not. That's the difference. If you're fine with using your phone with two hands from time to time, then the iPhone isn't for you, and you can get a larger phone.

Sorry, you fell for marketing. You still use two hands to use the phone. Try reaching for those buttons in the upper right or left corners with one hand.

rasputinj

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
What were you thinking did you buy it without trying it? I believe the screen size was the same size as when you purchased it. Maybe you need new glasses prescription, and/or turn on accessibility options for yourself. Maybe you need a fat phone like Galaxy Note?

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
cant live without these apps.......
- facetime
- imessage
- goodreader
- CBC TV
- puffin
- CNBC RT
- my university school app
- podcast
- passbook
- KTdict Chinese-English
- Viki (Android has it, but so buggy)

If you need said utilities you going to have to deal with what Apple gives you, complaining here isn't going to help.

I think people have different needs for a device and does not make anyone less of a person for the smartphone they have in their pocket. That's just nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
it just hurts my eyes...

Maybe u should upgrade the prescription. :)

Seriously I don't know how some folks stare at the thing like forever. Picture, map, quick text OK but try to read a site without zooming, not me!

Perhaps a Mini is in your future.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
The problem with android in the US is bloatware. Annoying bloatware. Absolutely mind numbing, RAM wasting, totally useless carrier crap bloatware. None of the android phone manufacturers have the balls to stand up to the carriers to forbid the automatic inclusion of their crapware. Enter Apple, who won't allow it. And guess what, Apple again surpassed Android in the US for the largest share of the market.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Do you guys know how to appreciate the things you have? Apple bumped the screen up to 4" and people are not happy. Even if Apple made it stay at 3.5", people are also not happy.

What the hell do you guys want? Its not like Apple can create the perfect screen size that will please every single individual out there.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes...

iPad.

edit:
to clarify - the phone isn't intended to be a long session web browsing device. if that's what you're intending to spend most of the time using it for, you bought the wrong device.

Compromises are made for every form factor. the iPad/tablet form factor would suck as a phone. The phone form factor sucks for web browsing. The galaxy note form factor is too small to be a decent tablet/browsing platform, and too big to be convenient for use as a phone (personal opinion). Another way some people may look at the note form factor us an acceptable compromise between the tablet and phone. I'd rather have 2 devices, personally.

Pick the trade-offs you are willing to make and rule out the devices that are unsuitable. There is no one-size fits all device form factor.

Last edited:

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Sorry, you fell for marketing. You still use two hands to use the phone. Try reaching for those buttons in the upper right or left corners with one hand.

From real word experience and not marketing.

One hand use on the iphone is great. No problems reaching any button.

Thumbs reach the volume buttons and home button. Index finger reach the power button.

Don't have big hands and average height.

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK

This is getting out of hand. If its hurting your eyes, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR EYES.

You don't read a book, turn over three pages then think 'this book is defective, it's making my eyes hurt'.

Did you say later in the thread that trying to read a site without zooming in? That's what the zoom feature is for!! Double tap on a paragraph and it fills the screen.

I'm still perfectly happy with my 4S screen. I wear glasses and have no trouble with it whatsoever.

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
My only complaint is the screen should have been a little bit wider, maybe a mm or 2. Those of us with "smaller" hands, I feel that it is annoying to using with one or two hands just because one hand is not enough reaching capabilities and two hands is too compact...so I'm kind of in the "gray" area :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.