Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1
darshie76
macrumors member

App that check content of folders and keep them in sync

I am looking for something that would save me the hassle to have to sync various folders.

Basically I work with video and photos; I have 2 different folders for each media, and each folder contains more folders with my projects.

When I add photos/videos, or modify them, I have to either copy the whole folder in my backup location, or I have to do it manually, looking at what I modified, check date modified, size of the folders and spend time doing the sync.

Is there any app (free or not), that would check a folder for changes (every day or so), find if there are changes and copy only what was modified? Without overwrite everything? (one folder has 580 Gb, the other .9 Tb; as you can imagine copy all is not an option).

I have tried writing a shell script, but more than once I just blew everything, because for a reason or another a file would lock and not being copied, or the date would not be consistent with the effective modified date and so on, so I am hoping that there is out there something simple that just monitor 2 folders and keep them in sync, preserving the structure and avoiding to copy all every single time.

Thanks!
darshie76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:20 AM   #2
ghellquist
macrumors regular

Folderwatch
ghellquist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:43 AM   #3
TheGenerous
macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure, but will Hazel do it for you?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:00 AM   #4
darshie76
macrumors member

Folderwatch did it for me, Thanks!
darshie76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store